Motoring Discussion > 92 yr old Englishman passes IAM advanced test Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 10

92 yr old Englishman passes IAM advanced test - Falkirk Bairn
Inverness resident passes IAM advanced course - he started driving in 1935 but passed his IAM in 2010.

Not bad for a 92 yr old - How would you get on do you think? (assuming you are younger than 92!
 92 yr old Englishman passes IAM advanced test - Iffy
I once had an informal assessment and was told I rated a bronze.

Not that I took it as much of a compliment, I think you get one of those if you get through the road test without hitting anything.

92 yr old Englishman passes IAM advanced test - R.P.
I have paid for my bike IAM process - leaving it until the spring now - too cold and wet.
 92 yr old Englishman passes IAM advanced test - Robin O'Reliant
I passed mine in 1990 but I let the membership lapse a few years back. Mrs RR still keeps hers going as we get a 10% AA discount with it.
 92 yr old Englishman passes IAM advanced test - Runfer D'Hills
My wife has it. I don't. Can you even begin to understand how that feels ? Especially as my dear "Betsy" didn't have a mark on her until "she" started using that car. Now both front wheels are kerbed and there is a scrape on the back bumper. Advanced....pah !

:-)
You omitted the deaded Ka.
 92 yr old Englishman passes IAM advanced test - Runfer D'Hills
....and that !
 92 yr old Englishman passes IAM advanced test - bathtub tom
I was a passenger in a car accident.

A driver on his IAM test failed to give way at a crossroads, hitting a car approaching him from his right. That car was then diverted into striking the car I was in head-on before spinning off into a tree. The collision stopped us, but not the guy on his test, who proceeded to ram us. The seat belt gave me a row of bruises down my chest.

I was told the guy on the IAM test had done no wrong in the eyes of the examiner, although he was subsequently prosecuted for causing the accident.

The driver of the car that was sent into the tree was hospitalised - the only injury.

I've no faith in the IAM.

Rings a bell BT - I did Bikesafe with an IAM observer - he criticized me for hesitating at junctions instead of pulling out using the crossview and taking it without stopping. He assumed I was a total stranger to roads I was riding, I wasn't and know them quite well, what I also know is that the crossview from the approach to that junction effectively hides anything as "short" as bike...
 92 yr old Englishman passes IAM advanced test - RattleandSmoke
Any driver is only as good as their worst link. You could be the most skilled driver in the world but if you have a habbit of nodding off behind the wheel....
Not done that yet, not so sure about Zeddo.
Latest Forum Posts