Motoring Discussion > Lexus - Lexus Fixed price service & repairs @ Indie Prices Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 8

Lexus - Lexus Fixed price service & repairs @ Indie Prices - Falkirk Bairn
I just noticed this re Lexus servicing - IS/GS/RX £119 minor service inc Labour, materials and VAT- car has to be older than 3 years. MoTs £49..............

This surely a sign that they are feeling the pinch. Some Lexus outlets might have charged £100 for oil and filter then added labour @ £100+ per hour+VAT

www.lexus.co.uk/owners/lexuscare/service-your-lexus/essential-care-service-plans.aspx

www.lexus.co.uk/owners/lexuscare/service-your-lexus/fixed-price-promise.aspx

Lexus - Lexus Fixed price service & repairs @ Indie Prices - Skoda
Did you not have a Lexus on your short list recently? Did you decide to go for it or still choosing?

They keep sending me, initially interesting but now just hillarious bumpf through the door about the new hybrid, can't remember the name. The last letter amounted to "we've got nothing new to show, no brochure (but it's coming and it's excellent) and no car, but hello again!".

Hope i've not mixed you up with someone else..!
I have a son with an IS but I have not as yet invested in a Lexus.

Starting chemo on Friday - in 6 months time, when it is all over (I Hope!!) I will be looking again and treating myself to a new motor - Lexus, Honda, Mazda, Toyota will be on the list as might Audi .....................no BMW/Mercedes as I've had my fingers burned with service / repairs in the past.
 Lexus - Lexus Fixed price service & repairs @ Indie Prices - BobbyG
FB, hope all goes well over the next 6 months.
 Lexus - Lexus Fixed price service & repairs @ Indie Prices - Runfer D'Hills
Absolutely. Get well soon FB.
 Lexus - Lexus Fixed price service & repairs @ Indie Prices - Auristocrat
I've come across other manufacturers offering fixed price servicing once a car is 3 years old - isn't it just a way of keeping the cars serviced by franchised dealers once the warranty has expired?
Last edited by: Auristocrat on Tue 9 Nov 10 at 14:44
>> isn't it just a way of keeping the cars serviced by franchised dealers
>> once the warranty has expired?
>>

Yes but the costs of keeping a new car serviced are 2 -3 times more expensive than a 3 year old.

Would you tolerate a tooth being taken out costing 2 x as much as your dad paid for the same job?

An oil change is an oil change - on one had the bill is £119 inc labour, filter VAT and in the newer car 5 litres + filter is nigh on £100 + £100 for 1 hour's labour, £5.00 for oil disposal, Sundries £5.00..............the lsit goes on.
 Lexus - Lexus Fixed price service & repairs @ Indie Prices - Auristocrat
Yes using a franchised dealer is more expensive. There are other reasons for using a franchised dealer for servicing a three year old car.
We've just decided to hang onto the three year old Mazda 2 that we use as a second car. We've taken out a two year Mazda extended warranty (including breakdown cover) and taken advantage of Mazda's free MOT insurance for the car's second MOT.
The MOT insurance covers a range of components for a £ 10 excess. The dealer that supplies the MOT insurance actually pays the premium, and will need to undertake the MOT when due.
We know these MOT insurances can work well - from experience with a Honda in 1997, where MOT insurance was part of the Honda extended warranty we bought when the car was new. The car failed it's first MOT on front suspension bushes. The repair at the time was costed at £ 125 - it cost us only the £ 10 excess under the MOT insurance section of the extended warranty.
 Lexus - Lexus Fixed price service & repairs @ Indie Prices - -
All the very best FB, up and at 'em once you're mended.

As for main dealer servicing, engine oil is a hefty price when supplied by the unit by the main dealer.
My local Toyota MD is quite happy for me to supply my own engine oil ( i buy in bulk packs) for the pick up's service, makes a nig dent in the bill at 7.5 litres, and they don't look for extra work either.
I see no reason to look for an indy for the forseeable.

There's other reasons too (which i shall be reporting on in due course), one of which is i feel Toyota/Lexus stand by their product and put it right despite it giving a hostile press a field day, if only other makers were quite so open when they get something wrong.
Latest Forum Posts