Motoring Discussion > 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 12

5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - VxFan
Just seen this on another forum:-

Shell are selling V-Power fuels with 5p off per litre on the 12th November to celebrate the Grand Prix Finale

Website Info:-

www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/promotions/

List of participating stations:-

www-static.shell.com/static/gbr/downloads/products_services/participating_sites_list.pdf
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 11 Nov 10 at 01:42
 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - Bigtee
Thanks for that but tipical it's the other side of town to fill up back to Asda.
 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - Skoda
Nice one!

Fingers crossed they haven't bumped the price up +5p today :-)

I'm still a bit annoyed at how stingy the reward scheme is! Even with the red double points card it'll still only be about £7 back per quarter. In the same time, for a much lesser spend tesco racked up £35 back. Their airmiles conversion rate is more favourable too.
 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - RattleandSmoke
They have made a right hack of the counties putting Salford in Manchester and Didsbury in Lancashire. Both are actually in Greater Manchester but Salford is a city in its own right and Didsbury is a suburb of Manchester city itself.

Then they have Humberside and Cumbria, it is all a mess of 1974 and pre 1974.
 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - Dave_
Shell on A50 at Glenfield (eastern outskirts of Leicester) does this 2 or 3 times a year - I'd seen the photocopied signs on the pumps and doors there advertising tomorrow's 5p discount but I didn't know it was a national thing this time. They always price-match the Fosse Park ASDA too.
 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - RattleandSmoke
I could go to Didsbury tomorrow and get some (the nearest one doing it to me) but I already have over a third tank full and Shell is usualy 3p more expensive than my local Esso/Tesco so I would be driving 8 miles just to save 2p a litre on fuel. Not worth it.

5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - Redviper
>> but I already have over a third tank full

>>. Not worth it.

Same here, and as you have to go through a couple of tanks to feel any benefit - its not really worth the bother. - I think its only going to benefit those who use V power on a regular basis.
 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - WillDeBeest
I suppose it's one way to get a sceptical public to try the stuff. Another - as I experienced yesterday, is to trap them into it. I was in Mrs Beest's Verso - for reasons I may explain later in a separate thread - but it was in need of a feed. I found myself on a Total forecourt and stopped at the most convenient pump, only to find it had two flavours of petrol but only Excellium diesel, which we've used once before and which seems to do the Verso no good at all.
Fortunately it was quiet enough to reverse from pump 4 to pump 3, which had regular diesel instead, but I imagine plenty of customers at busy times think, sod it, and buy the expensive stuff rather than wait for another pump.
 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - Tooslow
Ta ever so. Topped up with 45 ish litres so saved £2.25. Now what can I waste it on....?

John
 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - FotheringtonTomas
Have you noticed any participating filling stations now closed?
 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - R.P.
No - but another on site offer was 2p per litre off if you spend at least £5.00 in store - my local (so to speak) sells Amazon vouchers...
 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - Zero
I went to a shell garage near by, assuming they were all doing it but

no

not the one I tried.

but

The normal shell petrol was a full 1p cheaper than the local average!

Result then.
 5p OFF Shell V-Power - Friday 12th November Only - madf
I phoned my local Shell on Skype: much easier - yes they were doing the deal.

Decided not to bother - gardening was better use of time on a sunny day..
Latest Forum Posts