just been to undo the old waso and it wont open
any tips chaps
 waso fails to open - Old Navy
Plumbers pipe wrench.
 waso fails to open - Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P}
Acronym Definition
WASO West Australian Symphony Orchestra
WASO Wake-time After Sleep Onset
WASO Washington Support Office (US National Park Service)
WASO WWMCCS ADP Security Officer

A conductors baton for the first one?
Thats search engines for you, I would have thought you were old enough to to know what a WASO is. :-)
 waso fails to open - Armel Coussine
>> I would have thought you were old enough to to know what a WASO is. :-)

I am probably old enough too ON, but far too stupid and ignorant. So what is a waso?
Scroll down. :-)

retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=pfsw&thread=86752&page=1#1130009

At least I hope that's what BB means.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 11 Nov 10 at 15:41
 waso fails to open - Ted

I've attended to quite a number of locking caps over the years. I've usually had to resort to destroying them and putting a temporary rubber one in for the customer.

I've not seen the point of locking caps for a long time I'm sure fuel theft is not rife across the country, or vandalism by contaminating the petrol. I had to syphon the Vitara a couple of years ago when I put super unleaded in instead of DERV. I had to get the back end up on the ramps and the only thing I could get in the tank was a length of 6mm rubber petrol pipe with small bore copper stuck in the end.
Took forever but it all came out. Hardly an easy thing to do for a passing crim !

Ted
I believe the prefered method for an illegal syphon is to cut the filler pipe under the wing or car.

Locking cap bypass? :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 11 Nov 10 at 16:00
 waso fails to open - sherlock47
I thought the preferred method was to drill (or hammer a nail) into the bottom of the plastic fuel tank. Catch the fuel in a washing up bowl.

Somewhat less refined than looking for a fuel pipe. (and costs a lot more to fix!)
 waso fails to open - FotheringtonTomas
If it's the tank cap referred to, won't it open because the key doesn't work, or for some other reason?
 waso fails to open - Biggles
If it's metal, some oil on the teeth may help, followed by a quick jerk up and down.

By the way, I spell it with two zeds and an er at the end.
 waso fails to open - bathtub tom
I remember having problems with these years ago. I assumed it was the petrol fumes dissolving any lubricant. I know you shouldn't oil locks, but if it works..............

I'd assume an old codger like bb would've tried that though?
 waso fails to open - jc2
Waso made a few other items for cars as well as tank caps-for example steering locks.
 waso fails to open - Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P}
Indeed I remember fitting Waso locking filer caps to my old Minis etc. Think Dad and I were very PO when we could not find a locking cap for a 1968 Sunbeam Rapier. It had the fast open type!
 waso fails to open - Runfer D'Hills
I bought one for my Wolseley Hornet after a bad experience with the non-locking type. I'd driven into a car wash with a lairy friend in the passenger seat. As I faffed with the token he offered to nip round the back to put the aerial down. He got back in and the wash cycle started. As the brushes reached the front edge of the doors he lobbed something towards me saying "Here, catch !".....it was the petrol cap. Faced with the prospect of either water in the fuel or getting out into the rotating car wash brushes and stream of cold soapy water I threw the door open and fought off the brushes to get round to the back of the car.

I was totally and utterly soaked through and covered in foam. After the wash cycle ended my "friend" was helpless with laughter. So much so he had to go for a wee in the petrol station. Suffice it to say he had to make his own way home.
Latest Forum Posts