Motoring Discussion > MG - New MG on test Miscellaneous
Thread Author: IJWS14 Replies: 10

MG - New MG on test - IJWS14
Am used to seeing disguised Jaguars on the way to work, this morning I saw a silver car with chequered flag effect from the rear doors back. My first thought was - is that the new babby Jag?

Must have picked a better route through Lichfield and it caught me on the A38 again, got a good look at it - a clear MG badge on the front but rear heavily disguised.

Without the badge it could be any eastern saloon, totally unremarkable, and looks like a slightly smaller Avensis from the side, indeed if it wasn't for the disguise on the rear I would not have noticed it at all! Having searched the the Web it appears to be the MG6.

Just another anonymous motor car but I dare say the badge will sell a few.
 MG - New MG on test - lancara
"...indeed if it wasn't for the disguise on the rear I would not have noticed it at all..."

Rather confirms my suspicion that manufacturers are now using these disguises to ensure that the magazine "spy" photographers realise it's a "new" car. All part of the marketing plan along with teaser shots, the "accidental" internet release of a brochure in a foreign language, etc.
 MG - New MG on test - Bellboy
had a friend who was a test driver for rover
hardly ever got time to go home
bum---bum-----------
 MG - New MG on test - mikeyb
I think the only way they will sell is if they are very good which I doubt - I suspect that they will acceptable rather than anything else, have a very long warranty like the koreans or have some other USP

The brand has been dragged through the mire to much to carry any value, and everyone knows it's really a Chinese car.

I guess they may sell a few who will buy the badge, but I think most UK motorists are now to canny and will either buy a good european motor, or something realiable with a longer warranty
 MG - New MG on test - Injection Doc
probally because he was always awaiting for a recovery truck !
 MG - New MG on test - RattleandSmoke
I believe they are doing a special offer for headgaskets, buy one get one free.

MG - New MG on test - Alastairw
I think we should give the MG6 a fair chance before tarring it with the Rover brush. Early tests of pre production models have been positive, with handling matching the outgoing Focus. Only weak link at present is lack of engine choice (1.8 Petrol Turbo N series only), but I'm sure other sizes and diesels will follow.
 MG - New MG on test - L'escargot
Are there any MG franchised dealers in the UK now?
 MG - New MG on test - Chris S
I was thinking the same - perhaps they'll try and sell them through Halfords!
 MG - New MG on test - Bellboy
>> Are there any MG franchised dealers in the UK now?
>>
>well i know of a couple of pretty disfranchised dealers who would like a few words in a phoenix like
 MG - New MG on test - FotheringtonTomas
>> new babby Jag

WTF, is a "new babby Jag"? What's an "old babby Jag", come to that.
Latest Forum Posts