Motoring Discussion > Fantic 300 Trials Buying / Selling
Thread Author: MD Replies: 16

Fantic 300 Trials - MD
which I purchased new in 1984. Has covered barely 300km in that time. All green lanes (and the roads in between!!) Doesn't much see the light of day any more so I am tentatively thinking of seeking a sale which to be fair would break my heart as I love the thing. One of the reasons for possible disposal is the fact that it doesn't have much of a seat so it is uncomfortable, but it was never made for a lardarse wanabee trialer! It was made for a very fit younger man, which I was then, but spent all my time at work building a home and raising a family so it has done very little work. Although not immaculate by far it is totally unmolested. Thoughts?

I would like a 4 stroke single green laner, with a bit of bite, but not a hooligan and it must have a seat. Something that I could sensibly use on the road too. I know Honda did a lovely 250 (XR) possibly, that was, in the words of a motorcycling journalist, Capable of winning an Enduro or cosseting a novice. That's where I want to be. Thoughts??

MD.
 Fantic 300 Trials - bathtub tom
If you're using it for trialling, why on earth would you expect to be sitting down?

I use one of my road cars for trialling and don't expect much comfort when doing so.
 Fantic 300 Trials - MD
Probably best to READ the post before replying:0)
 Fantic 300 Trials - Hard Cheese

>>If you're using it for trialling, why on earth would you expect to be sitting down?
>>

Green laner = trailing, not trialing, a subtle though important diference.

Fantic 300 Trials - bathtub tom
I shouldn't do that last post before going to bed!

I recall Frank Williams telling one of his drivers to 'sit on your wallet' when he complained about the comfort of his F1 seat. ;>)
 Fantic 300 Trials - Harleyman

>> I use one of my road cars for trialling and don't expect much comfort when
>> doing so.
>>

Comfort was never a standard fitting on Kia Prides anyway! ;-)
 Fantic 300 Trials - Dog
How's about swapping it in for a 'real' bike, me old peculiar.

www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_16338.htm?WT.mc_id=2010-11-15-11-10
 Fantic 300 Trials - MD
Trust you to make me grin BEFORE I'd even opened your post. Should've known I was walking into 'it' when I posted. Just want a steed with a bit of grunt and a saddle. NO NO NO. NOT that kind of saddle. Oh! sod it. I'm off to the fridge. Deeper holes I shall not dig........................................Yet!

I 'ate you lot!
 Fantic 300 Trials - danman
did you decide to sell the fantic in the end.If you still have it ,i might be interested.
 Fantic 300 Trials - MD
I have not attempted to sell it. Just now giving it some more thought, but that's as far as it's got. Not going to 'give' it away though.

M.
 Fantic 300 Trials - Westpig
My brother runs his own bike garage, MOT etc, with the odd few sales, down in South Devon. As he's right on the edge of Dartmoor, trials bikes and what have you are right up his street.

No guarantee he'd want yours or the price would be right, but you never know, if you want his details, get a pleasant mod to give you my e-mail address.
 Fantic 300 Trials - Fenlander
Can't remember if I've asked before but is it like this one...

www.ramsete.com/Public/Fantic/Collezione/Fantic-Trial300.JPG

To me it is just so right in its minimal design.

In the late 70s I knocked about on one of these...

i.ebayimg.com/09/!!timY5!CW0~$(KGrHqQOKjgE0bnqQIChBNQvw)VMog~~_12.JPG

Mrs F had one of these...

i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/neilmud/Suzuki_ts250-3_medium.jpg

We had great fun with these bikes off road on all the local green lanes, quarries etc.
 Fantic 300 Trials - MD
The first pic (Fantic) is not quite the same as mine has a minimalistic seat and it without lights, but the running gear is the same I guess.

A school chum had a TS and we got lots of fun from it. I miss those days...
 Fantic 300 Trials - danman
i;m still interested if you decide to sell ,i fancy an old twin shocker.
 Fantic 300 Trials - Woodster
Martin, have you seen the GasGas green laners? Some of them are Ohlins front and rear.Look superb in the flesh and this sort of money used:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-Gas-Gas-PAMPERA-250-/260874845854?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3cbd5a3e9e#ht_2047wt_1346

Assuming you can paste that into your browser!! Perhaps someone can tell me how to post a link that you just click on.

Anyway, £1150 for a 2003 road reg'd 250. pocket money for you, non?
 Fantic 300 Trials - MD
I am getting to the point now where my knees are giving me so much pain I sometimes wonder if I'll ever ride again. I partially uncovered the Fantic a few days ago. just sits in the workshop/garage under a pile of dust sheets. Such a waste really.
 Fantic 300 Trials - GKP413
Do you still have this for sale? Perhaps you could send some pics and details to gkirtley@gotadsl.co.uk
Latest Forum Posts