Motoring Discussion > Nissan Murano SUV - Convertible - Advice to Nissan UK - it's dead duck Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 5

Nissan Murano SUV - Convertible - Advice to Nissan UK - it's dead duck - Falkirk Bairn
www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/nissan/8134932/Nissans-Crossover-cabriolet-breaks-cover.html

Announced for delivery in USA ifrom January

The Murano has never sold in the UK (unlike Lexus RX300 it's nearest rival), 3.5 petrol, now available 2.5 diesel but I have not seen any - a convertible? £38000 for a Murano - a convertible would be in the mid £40Ks Forget it Nissan UK
 Nissan Murano SUV - Convertible - Advice to Nissan UK - it's dead duck - Stuu
They may not have sold as many, but some are selling.

I have seen dozens pulling in and out of the private school drives that are littered around my area. It takes some years to establish a brand as prestige, but obviously Nissan know its worth it because they launched the V6 first and sales of that must have convinced them a diesel would do even better.

Maybe you just live in the wrong part of town ;-)

I think it appeals to the 'New Money' set who think its cool - I suspect a few Murano owners will be buying the wife a Juke too - now that is a striking car - I saw one the other day and its quite a machine. Makes a Freelander look oh so dull!
 Nissan Murano SUV - Convertible - Advice to Nissan UK - it's dead duck - Falkirk Bairn
The Murano is a £33K+ car - 3 year old, low mileage cars sell for the low teens but not very quickly - the tyres are rooted to the forecourt.

A few years back -even with the model change old models with delivery miles only fetched £18-19K.

The are however well screwed together if you can live with £6.00 a gallon and 20mpg.
 Nissan Murano SUV - Convertible - Advice to Nissan UK - it's dead duck - Skoda
>> if you can live with £6.00 a gallon and 20mpg.

Therein lies the rub. This is it, this is the end of an era right now. Some cracking, monstrous machines will live on, but not in significant numbers :-(

Mazda RX8, nice machine, but optimistically 20mpg and almost £1k for the first years road tax. No wonder Mazda have yanked it with no plans to reintroduce the rotary engine despite a new model (LHD only) going most other places to fill the RX8 void.

There was a link on here to a 'merican crate engine, that made more torque at fast idle than any of my motors make at full tilt. Maybe that's the future (again), engine transplants.

I'll have a stock looking kia ceed with a longitudinal engine and RWD with so much torque through the engine mounts that it lifts the front left wheel when you nail it... please.
 Nissan Murano SUV - Convertible - Advice to Nissan UK - it's dead duck - idle_chatterer
They'll love this car in Hong Kong - and petrol is already £6.00 a gallon (diesels aren't allowed in fact).

It's tasteless, pointless and tacky, absolutely ideal for HK !
Last edited by: idle_chatterer on Tue 16 Nov 10 at 12:48
 Nissan Murano SUV - Convertible - Advice to Nissan UK - it's dead duck - Dog
>>Juke too - now that is a striking car - I saw one the other day and its quite a machine<<

de acuerdo (I agree)
Latest Forum Posts