Motoring Discussion > Wanna race? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Hard Cheese Replies: 14

Wanna race? - Hard Cheese

I was cruising down the A303 last night in the Focus ST at about 75-80 and an Astra VXR came past, he pulled in front of me and every now and then accelerated away as though to tempt me to follow.

After a few miles a newish Leon (FR?) came past though ended up just in front due to other traffic, once the traffic had cleared the Leon accelerated away in the outside lane so the Astra went with it in the inside lane - I left them to it - and I could see the Astra cut in front of the Leon, i.e. moved from the inside lane to the outside lane, at what must have been around 100mph!

Totally irresponsible.

Wanna race? - Skoda
Aye.

There's a 2 lane patch of the M(A?)8, near coatbridge where it's really common at night. I always get a chuckle, you'll get a scooby striding (rumbling?) by at just over the ton seeming quite relaxed. Then there'll be a Seat Leon or something audibly trying, then it'll be a barry boy old old Corsa shaking itself to pieces.

Couple of seconds later, a ford Mondeo estate doing a ton. Never fails to raise a smile!

Maybe it's young folks in their parents cars, but i always like to think it's an old dad thinking, "i'll show these young uns how it's done" :-)
 Wanna race? - madf
Darwinism wins in the end.
 Wanna race? - Iffy
...a ford Mondeo estate doing a ton...

I reckon Humph's keeping a mistress in the old country.
 Wanna race? - L'escargot
In my younger days in the 1960s before the introduction of the 70 mph limit, it was common when two similar cars met for them to have "a drag". Few small cars were capable of reaching 70 mph on the road so it was all relatively low speed stuff.
 Wanna race? - BobbyG
Skoda, is that them leaving Mickey D's at the Showcase????
 Wanna race? - Bigtee
I guess the Police are just a bit busy at the moment with these dark nights and the scum bags doing garages and garden sheds.
 Wanna race? - madf
>> I guess the Police are just a bit busy at the moment with these dark
>> nights and the scum bags doing garages and garden sheds.
>>

Wrong.

Student protests.. handled in a namby pamby way so to need every available officer for miles around in my view..

Wanna race? - Westpig
>> Student protests.. handled in a namby pamby way so to need every available officer for miles around >>
>>
Yes, absolutely correct...for the first one.

Watch this space for the next ones, I think you'll find the tactics will have changed somewhat.
 Wanna race? - Armel Coussine
Two of my grandchildren, nice well-behaved girls still at school, were kettled in Whitehall the day before yesterday or so. I suppose if the organisers of these things were able to exclude the rowdies who want to damage property and escalate the situation by provoking old bill, kettling wouldn't be thought necessary... But of course they can't keep them out.

If I were a police officer I know I would think, idiots encouraged by idiot teachers providing cover for criminal elements, serves them right if they need treatment for exposure, they'll think twice next time.

But I'm not, so I don't see it quite like that although I am not convinced that these demos are really necessary. I couldn't help worrying about the girls when I heard they were penned in there. But they were released eventually and went home rather cold.
 Wanna race? - R.P.
All part of life experience AC - no that I really agree with the demos per se - It's important for youngsters to have a cause these days.

Been surprised that there was no separate thread on this really.
 Wanna race? - Runfer D'Hills
I went on a student demo once. Can't remember what we were protesting about. It was a gas, everyone got leathered in advance, I copped off with an Italian girl in a combat jacket. I'm sure she was called Paula. She had a ban the bomb tattoo on her backside.
 Wanna race? - Skoda
>> Skoda, is that them leaving Mickey D's at the Showcase????

Yeah, thats the one, from there on up to euro central.
 Wanna race? - Zero
>>
>> I was cruising down the A303 last night in the Focus ST at about 75-80
>> and an Astra VXR came past, he pulled in front of me and every now
>> and then accelerated away as though to tempt me to follow.
>> Totally irresponsible.

= I wimped out
 Wanna race? - Hard Cheese

>>
>> = I wimped out
>>

Hehe, actually I value my license to much however I came up behind the Leon at the next roundabout (the Astra turned off) and out accelerated it up to 75-80 ish before settling back into a cruise.

Latest Forum Posts