Motoring Discussion > Ford Galaxy - What was it?
Thread Author: Stuu Replies: 8

Ford Galaxy - What was it? - Stuu
I was pondering a Ford Galaxy that I cleaned maybe 10 years ago today. Mainly prompted by the thread mentioning them.
The one I cleaned is of a spec id not seen until then and havent seen since.

It was a silver 2.8 V6 auto Ghia X. The unusual bit was that it was fitted out with blue-piped white leather seats throughout and blue carpeting to match the piping. It also had gold type badging, similar to that seen on some Lexus models and chrome alloys.

Ive never seen anything close to it since. Was it an 'Arabian Special'? It was a RHD model.
If Im honest, it was a tad OTT, but the trim was serious quality stuff.

It struck me as the sort of nannys runaroun of someone with more money than sense.
 Ford Galaxy - What was it? - mikeyb
Stu - might it have been a galaxy ultima rather than a ghia?

I found this one of fleabay - it has blue piped white leather

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Galaxy-2-8-Ultima-V6-Auto-5-Door-MPV-Grey-/270649994607?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f03ff2d6f
 Ford Galaxy - What was it? - spamcan61
The tailgate looks a different shade of silver to the rest of the car.

Blue plastic plus white leather = yuk.

Good find though, fits Stu's description well.

Similar yes, carpets wrong colour though. Prob based on it. Wheels are different too. The one I cleaned had chrome cross-spoke things and also limo tint rear windows.
 Ford Galaxy - What was it? - mikeyb
Guess that there may have been a few factory options such as blinged up wheels available
 Ford Galaxy - What was it? - rtj70
If the seats match and it's just wheels, carpets and blacked out windows.... guess those are either options or after market. There was a 'vulgar' Ford Scorpio Ultima too I think.
 Ford Galaxy - What was it? - Boxsterboy
Yes, I remember these top-of-the-line Galaxy Ultimas. I think the colour was called cuirass, or something like that - a sort of pearlescent beige - which was available on other models.

Nice blue steering wheel to match the blue piping on the beige leather seats - very Alan Partridge.

Ford Galaxy - What was it? - Old Sock
Yes, cuirass - possibly the most embarrassing name for a colour, ever!
Did they have gold badges aswell?
Latest Forum Posts