Motoring Discussion > Chevrolet Aveo - new car! (not really) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 5

Chevrolet Aveo - new car! (not really) - Focusless
Got one of these as a courtesy car at the moment (SWMBO's Colt is being repaired on insurance following a minor prang). Courtesy cars might be a regular occurrence for some of you, but not me, so quite exciting . I know - getting excited over an Aveo just shows I should get out more...

As you would expect, feels light and easy to drive with a nice gear change. Also as expected it's relatively gutless, especially compared to the 1.3 Colt which is pretty good in that respect, but it goes ok with enough revs.

I'm a bit scared of damaging it, so haven't thrown it around any corners and can't comment on the handling. It's ok in normal town driving.

Worst thing I noticed this morning is the poor ventilation - the 4 speed fan is effectively digital, with 0..3 being 'off' and only 4 being 'on(/loud)'. It also doesn't keep the far right hand side of the screen clear on demist.

But hey - it's different to what I normally drive, and I would certainly consider it at a low enough price. Goes back on Wednesday.
 Chevrolet Aveo - new car! (not really) - Stuu
So is this a 2011 model Aveo or the 2008 onwards one?

>> So is this a 2011 model Aveo or the 2008 onwards one?

Sorry - should have said it's an 09 reg ie. 2008 model.
 Chevrolet Aveo - new car! (not really) - Stuu
Ah so essentially a 2002 Daewoo Kalos with some makeup on. Which would be even older tech with makeup already applied. Which makes it remarkable someone with a half new car woul want to do anything but set it on fire :)
>> Which makes it remarkable someone with a half new
>> car woul want to do anything but set it on fire :)

Perhaps if I'd paid £7k+ for it I'd be more critical. As a freebie, it's great :)
 Chevrolet Aveo - new car! (not really) - nyx2k
i love driving different cars becuase i , like a lot of others just discount a car buy make or size or reputation.
Latest Forum Posts