Motoring Discussion > M3 S shut J3 area. M25 still in trouble. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 6

M3 S shut J3 area. M25 still in trouble. - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-11885354
A body has been discovered on the carriageway of the M3 motorway in Surrey, sparking an investigation.

That normally means many hours of closures.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-11885143
Snow and ice leads to warnings to avoid M25 in Surrey
Up to 400 lorries became stranded overnight on the M25 due to heavy snow.

I started this thread to highlight the continuing problems in quite a large area rather than bury it in the big snow thread.
 M3 S shut J3 area. M25 still in trouble. - Zero
Lyne?

Wouldn't be the first time one of the traveller families round there was involved in throwing something off that bridge....
 M3 S shut J3 area. M25 still in trouble. - BiggerBadderDave
"A body has been discovered on the carriageway of the M3"

I hope it's not one of us...

Who hasn't already posted today?
 M3 S shut J3 area. M25 still in trouble. - Old Navy
>> I started this thread to highlight the continuing problems in quite a large area rather
>> than bury it in the big snow thread.
>>

Ah a south eastern little snow thread. :-)
 M3 S shut J3 area. M25 still in trouble. - Zero
Seems to me that the North Downs is up to its old tricks again.

Bad weather from the south gets dumped up tight against its southern flanks in a narrow strip, and weather from the north gets dumped in a tight strip against the northern flanks.

The bad weather strip can be as a little as a mile wide, often causing severe problems on the M25 from J8 to J5.
 M3 S shut J3 area. M25 still in trouble. - Telb
It's odd. Towing the van back from Folkestone on Monday there was heavy snow from the Tunnel junction until just before Ashford - then nothing. In fact, Ashford roads were dry. I understand it's got worse there now.

Similarly in France last Friday, on the old N1 between Abbeville and Boulogne, sudden blizzard conditions for about a mile - absolutely nothing just before or afterwards. Like turning a tap on and off.
 M3 S shut J3 area. M25 still in trouble. - Pat
We battled through those short sharp blizzards last Friday on that stretch too and it was amazing just how local they were.
Completely dry roads either side.

Pat
Latest Forum Posts