Motoring Discussion > RAC as snow diggers! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Oldgit Replies: 3

RAC as snow diggers! - Oldgit
I saw the RAC rescue van attend to a nearby neighbour's house today. From what I could see, as a nosey neighbour who does not know the full facts, it appeared that, although they could start their car they could not extricate it from their snowy driveway - which is flat however.
A few manoeuvres had been made but found the car wedged in by compacted snow around most of the tyres. Anyway the RAC man watched whilst they rocked the car backwards and forwards but the car didn't move significantly.
Consequently the RAC man went back to his van and got out a shovel and then went back and cleared the majority of snow from around the car and drive.
I would have thought that this wasn't in the RAC's remit, to be quite honest but if these rather over large pair of people who live there have health problem, then I suppose they felt justified in requesting the RAC's assistance.
 RAC as snow diggers! - R.P.
Just being nice probably - still happens.
 RAC as snow diggers! - -
I keep hearing reports of people calling the RAC and other breakdown services because they are stuck, can't be the case shirley.
 RAC as snow diggers! - Iffy
Footage on local news of an RAC man fitting a pair of snow socks to a member's hatchback.

Not clear if the socks belonged to the car's owner or the RAC.

I suppose patrols might carry some to lend to members to get them going, although the socks come in different sizes.

Latest Forum Posts