Motoring Discussion > Leasing costs down Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Netsur Replies: 12

Leasing costs down - Netsur
I get e-mails every so often from car leasing companies and we are about to lease a new car for our head of sales. The prices are remarkably low.

Corsa 1.2 6,000 miles pa - only £79 per month.
BMW 320d SE - 35,000 miles pa - less than £450 per month.

So you buy the Corsa and sell it after three years and 18,000 miles. Would you have lost more than £3,000? Yes.

You buy the BMW and sell it after three years and 105,000 miles. Would you have lost more than £16,000? Oh Yes.

At these prices I am tempted to sell the S-Max and lease one.
 Leasing costs down - RattleandSmoke
Seems too cheap are you sure there is no hefty deposit to pay? I mean I am paying nearly twice that for my Panda.

Although actually I am not sure you would loose more than £3k on a Corsa over years as you can get them very cheap. I could have got a Corsa 3d 1.0 for only £300 more than I paid for my Panda. But I needed 5 doors and the 1.0 litre is extremly slow.
 Leasing costs down - Netsur
These deals are 3 + 35 for a three year contract. Still seems pretty good to me. Business leasing however means (I think) that you have to pay 10% VAT on top.
 Leasing costs down - Bill Payer
>> Business leasing however means (I think) that you have to pay 10% VAT
>> on top.
>>
20%
 Leasing costs down - ....
Come on Espada don't be a Daily Mail journo, tell the whole story. What are the deposits and final amount to settle. Don't be stingy tell us the whole story.
Last edited by: gmac on Wed 8 Dec 10 at 22:42
 Leasing costs down - CGNorwich
3 door 1.6 Corsa 3 door on 3 plus 35 at Lings is £164.49 so there must be a hefty deposit in that deal
 Leasing costs down - Bill Payer
No, it's a lease. the deposit is the "3".

They'll be business users only and only available for a very limited time (no doubt till end of the month, in practice for Dec that means the next couple of weeks) and only on stock cars.
 Leasing costs down - rtj70
It won't be the same as a lease but the reasons behind low cost are similar.

A month or two back our company car scheme for my grade had a BMW 5 Series 2.0d SE 184PS as a £12pm pay up... I cannot order one anyway. It is now £86pm. Same car and the same scheme. Prices do vary.

PS My grade isn't that good - the deal was.
 Leasing costs down - idle_chatterer
My employer has just changed its scheme to encourage us towards greener (i.e. cheaper) cars, however had I been in the UK and therefore looking to change my 330d I observed that the leasing company recalculates the lease costs twice a week and they often change.

BMW 520d, 528i and the 320d/330d are always very cost effective - particularly over my preferred 2 year term as long as you don't go mad with options. However it's easy to spot when 'manufacturer support' (discounts) are being offered to the lease company.

Over longer terms then Fords and Vauxhalls become comparable, but who wants to keep a Vauxhall for 4 years for the same monthly lease + tax cost as a less-than 2 year old BMW ?

I suspect given the UK marketplace that there may be some 'manufacturer support' available on BMWs and Audis in the coming months as they struggle to find private buyers.
 Leasing costs down - Boxsterboy
These deals show what discounts are out there.

The Germans are masters at giving their discounts in the form of cheap leasing rates, which mask the discounts, and thus help retain their 'apparent' residuals.

The people who pay are the cash buyers who think they are doing well getting 5-10% off at their BMW glass palace.
 Leasing costs down - Zero
New car sales are falling through the floor.

Leasing is a way to keep the factory going through the lean times.
 Leasing costs down - Fenlander
>>>Corsa 1.2 6,000 miles pa - only £79 per month. BMW 320d SE - 35,000 miles pa - less than £450 per month. So you buy the Corsa and sell it after three years and 18,000 miles. Would you have lost more than £3,000? Yes. You buy the BMW and sell it after three years and 105,000 miles. Would you have lost more than £16,000? Oh Yes.

It was a 3yr lease cost of less than depreciation like the examples above that made me give it a go. As Zero says I think all the makers dump onto the lease market from time to time. I look on Ling's site most weeks and there is usually a stand out bargain but it will be gone the next time you look.
 Leasing costs down - mikeyb
I was lucky to get the car I wanted on lease as it was being offered at a good price, but in general the key is to be flexible and be prepared to take waht offeres the best deal at the time.

I guess those deals included road tax as well?
Latest Forum Posts