Motoring Discussion > Ford Focus II - which online warranty Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: cubleader Replies: 4

Ford Focus II - which online warranty - cubleader
Well having bought my 5 year old focus less than 3 months ago it is now waiting to go into the dealer for the second time in three months. The first time was a bearing for the gearbox which had worn and was causing a slight knocking in first an second. Last night I had the engine warning light come on and start flashing on the way back from meeting the girlfriends grandparents, not ideal timing. I did not take the dealers 12 month warranty when I bought the car partly as I didn't have the money at the time and partly because I was advised by my dad I could get a better deal after the 3 month sale warranty was up.
So I am after some advise from you all as to what my best option is for warranty? Also where do I stand with the dealer with the car going back twice within 3 months?
Thanks

Cub Leader
 Ford Focus II - which online warranty - RattleandSmoke
How many miles as the car done and how much did you pay for it? The reason I ask is the car has to be fit for purpose and if the engine blows up after four months the dealer is still liable warranty expired or not. It would be different if it was a £500 banger but I assume you have paid good money for it.

As for warranties I have no idea but Quentin Wilson is behind one of them and he promises that his policy includes more than the others. As with any insurance policies check the small print and the policy details in full and compare them.

Most are full of exclusions.
 Ford Focus II - which online warranty - Collos
I would not be looking at insurance warranty but I would be asking for my money back the car is obviously a lemon.
 Ford Focus II - which online warranty - cubleader
I paid about £5000 for the car which had 47,500 on the clock and now done 50K
 Ford Focus II - which online warranty - L'escargot
>> How many miles as the car done and how much did you pay for it?
>> The reason I ask is the car has to be fit for purpose .............

Ah, that old chestnut "fit for purpose". whatconsumer.co.uk/it-is-not-fit-for-purpose/
Latest Forum Posts