Motoring Discussion > Floating Shogun Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 11

Floating Shogun - Pat
www.newquayvoice.co.uk/news/5/article/3236/

Something odd here.

Pat
 Floating Shogun - Netsur
Clearly the car owner owed money, but this is a pretty extreme way of getting it back. How much is a damaged Shogun worth?
 Floating Shogun - Bill Payer
The Police's "it's a civil matter" is becoming annoying. Surely the car can't be legally removed without a court order?
 Floating Shogun - Dwight Van Driver
DVLA Excise Enforcement do have certian powers in relation to untaxed vehicles even on private land but not as far as I am aware an owners private drive.

If those attempting to uplift do not have a lawful excuse then it is a criminal offence, not civil, of criminal damage.

Many moons ago a spectator of the RAC Rally left his car parked across the lane leading to a farm. The farmer being blocked in got his fork lift, uplifted the vehicle and placed it on the verge away from his entrance. Damage was caused and the farmer was prosecuted and convicted of criminal damage. There was an uproar about this but the conviction stood.

dvd
 Floating Shogun - R.P.
Last sentence reads "Police have launched a criminal investigation" seems odd...the whole thing I mean
 Floating Shogun - Mapmaker
>>Last sentence reads "Police have launched a criminal investigation"

But dim plod who appeared at the scene of the crime thought it was a repossession, couldn't be bothered to get involved, and thought that smashing up a car - evidence all over the place, broken glass etc. presumably, was perfectly reasonable.

I'd have thought that the tenant might have a claim against his landlord for harassment too.
 Floating Shogun - bathtub tom
So the guys trying to lift it first claimed to be DVLA and then acting on behalf of the landlord? BIBs believed them?

I wonder if they gave their address as a caravan site?
 Floating Shogun - madf
If it had been a row over parking and the house owner was an ex cop, the lorry driver and mates would have been arrested .. as a recent case shows...despite parking being a civil matter.

And the police wonder why people do not trust them?
 Floating Shogun - Ted

Further to DVDs posting, there has been a recent case reported where a farmer has done exactly as DVD said, been prosecuted and told by the judge what he did was perfectly legal.

The law doth work mysteriously !

These guys with the HIAB could just have been car thieves....prowling the streets, keeping an eye on who was coming and going from houses and picking cars which suited their purpose or had a good scrap value, weightwise. The officer should have checked for docs to support their actions. I'll bet the truck wasn't registered to a permanent address !

" My Shogun's engine is broke, where can I get another, cheap ? "

Happened to an old customer of mine, an old Bluebird stood outside his house locked up.
Winched on to a flatbed and away....the neighbours thought it had broken down.

£100 min a car then, a nice lickle earner !

Ted
 Floating Shogun - Mapmaker
Interestingly the car was a non-runner.
 Floating Shogun - bathtub tom
>> Interestingly the car was a non-runner.

Was it, where did it say that?
 Floating Shogun - R.P.
I would imagine that there is more to this than meets the eye....
Latest Forum Posts