Motoring Discussion > Bottle for drinking water while driving Green Issues
Thread Author: movilogo Replies: 14

Bottle for drinking water while driving - movilogo
I usually keep a small water bottle in cup holder. But traditional bottle means I need two hands to open it and as a result I can only sip water while waiting on traffic lights!

I am looking for a water bottle which can be operated in one hand (so that I can drink while driving).

Any suggestion?

Bottle for drinking water while driving - zookeeper
www.windycitynovelties.com/211006p/soda-hard-hat.html?s_cid=NXT211006

something like this should fit the bill?
Shipping cost will be too high though ;)
 Bottle for drinking water while driving - Old Navy
Next time you buy a takeaway coffee, keep the cup and lid.

Or some of these have flip top lids.

www.sigg-aluminium.co.uk/
 Bottle for drinking water while driving - hobby
Why not just one of those bottles where you can open it with your teeth? the ones that many soft drinks come in these days and are sold to joggers, etc... Can't see the point in buying anything special when you can get them for free!

Though you still shouldn't Drink and Drive!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!! :-) )
 Bottle for drinking water while driving - Robin O'Reliant
A cyclist's drinking bottle is idea, they are designed so you can pull the stopper open with your teeth.

Bottle for drinking water while driving - hobby
Thats the one! Though many soft drink bottles have them these days as well... Just buy one and re-use it!
 Bottle for drinking water while driving - Manatee
Won't an ordinary throwaway sport bottle do? Just a matter of hanging on to one that fits. I've an Imsdal bottle that just fits, which I refill from the kitchen tap. Like the one on the left, with the teat on -

goo.gl/8rlgQ

Main concern, which is a sad commentary on the times, is that you now need to check around for police before taking a drink of water whether or not you are stationary.
Last edited by: Manatee on Sun 26 Dec 10 at 17:00
 Bottle for drinking water while driving - Old Navy
>> Main concern, which is a sad commentary on the times, is that you now need
>> to check around for police before taking a drink of water whether or not you
>> are stationery.
>>

It's OK to have a snowball fight on a blocked motorway but don't you dare take a drink of water. :-)
I saw a water bottle in Disneys store. You press a switch on side with your thumb, it pop opens the lid which then reveals the straw to suck water.

It costs £5. The only reason I couldn't buy it because its base is too wide to fit in my cup holder.

Bottle for drinking water while driving - Armel Coussine
One would be tempted, surely, to affect a louche, dishevelled appearance and demeanour (some of us wouldn't even need to affect them), with perhaps a touch of red stage makeup around the nose and cheekbones, and ostentatiously swig water from a brown whisky bottle, while remaining of course clean to any drink or drug detection method.

I wonder if old bill, were he to notice and take the bait, would manage to pass the attitude test?

:o}
 Bottle for drinking water while driving - Runfer D'Hills
You've just reminded me of a guy I once knew AC. We first met at school. His father had a taxi and limousine hire business in Edinburgh and had donated an old Daimler limousine ( wedding / funeral type car ) to his son as his first car. The young chap was always a bit weird in an affable sort of way and made a modest living as a writer of song lyrics and poetry. Even as a teenager he affected a young fogey style of attire involving mainly baggy corduroy trousers, tattered Viyella shirts and ancient Harris Tweed jackets. A mop of jet black unruly hair and a full beard and moustache despite his youth.

He was often to be seen pottering about the old town area of Auld Reekie in the Daimler on his way to or from a poetry reading in Sandy Bell's, one of the more traditional pubs which encouraged such things along with fairly serious consumption of obscure real ales.

His habit of driving the presumably automatic car while clutching a Stuart crystal tumbler full of Lucozade did tend to draw a disapproving eye even then.

On the occasions ( not that often in truth ) when he was actually in his cups while driving he used to wear an old chauffeur's cap filched from his father's business to put any interested plod off the scent.

I haven't heard of or from him in 3 decades. I hope he's ok.
 Bottle for drinking water while driving - bathtub tom
Get SWMBO to open it for you. It works for me.

On a side note. We were stopped at traffic lights Friday and SWMBO pulled out a packet of Werthers. The guy in the minibus next to us was having a laugh so SWMBO offered him one in the spirit of Christmas - he didn't want a sweet either.
 Bottle for drinking water while driving - Cliff Pope
>>
>>
>> I wonder if old bill, were he to notice and take the bait, would manage
>> to pass the attitude test?
>>
>>>>

It's very tempting, but he could if he chose still book you for lack of care and attention or dangerous driving . It's an offence now to take a bite from a sandwich while waiting at traffic lights.
 Bottle for drinking water while driving - IJWS14
You have the wrong car . .

Octavia has a bottle holder in each door which takes a 750ml Evian bottle with a sports top.

Solves the problem

Apart from one issue - yesterday it was frozen solid!
Latest Forum Posts