Motoring Discussion > Petrol station changing brands Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Netsur Replies: 15

Petrol station changing brands - Netsur
The petrol station opposite our house is Shell and a banner has just gone up saying "Texaco coming soon - thanks for your support".

The station is run by a local family who run several stations - all Shell.

I haven't seen a Texaco station in the north west for ages. HJ used to say that their petrol was very good. Is that still the case?
 Petrol station changing brands - Zero
Never noticed any difference.
 Petrol station changing brands - PR
The petrol the garage will sell is unlikely to be any different, maybe the additives but that will be all.

Texaco do refine in the UK but the oil companies have agreements in place to supply local demand, it stops them needing to transport products all over the place.

The only exception to this is things like Shell Optimax which they guarantee will come from a certain refinery (Stanlow IIRC).

Refineries in the UK...

www.og.decc.gov.uk/downstream/refining/index.htm
 Petrol station changing brands - jc2
Texaco are what used to be Regent;I contacted them over a concern and they were ultra helpful.
 Petrol station changing brands - VxFan
Remember for a while the tanks will contain a mixture of Shell & Texaco fuel. I'm sure the additives will blend in together.
 Petrol station changing brands - RattleandSmoke
Won;t they train the tanks first by letting the petrol sell out?

As for Texaco I am surprised you haven't seen any, there is two alone just in Chorlton.
Where? I usually only get to the corner of Barlow Moor Road and Wilbraham Road from Old Trafford.

Ah! one opposite the playing fields?
 Petrol station changing brands - RattleandSmoke
There is a Texaco next to McDonalds on Barlow Moor Road but also one opposite hough end as you say just before you get to Princess Road.

I think there may be on in Whalley Range too but not sure if that is a Texaco.
Apart from those two, I can only think of one at Norden near Rochdale that was Texaco year ago. near me, everything is either supermarket or Shell with the occasional BP or Esso thrown in.
 Petrol station changing brands - Falkirk Bairn
In Scotland over the last few years BIG names in petrol have gone - Mobil, Texaco, Q8, Gulf so you have only really BP, Shell, Esso, Jet+ the odd Rix etc

Then about a year ago some old names came back Gulf Jet and stirred things up a bit - however the names changed but the prices were as of old.
 Petrol station changing brands - Lygonos
re. the Scottish stations, it seems all the Jet stations, at least in Stirlingshire and West Lothian, are now branded "Murco".
 Petrol station changing brands - Dave_
>> Texaco coming soon

On the dual carriageway bit of the Leicester ring road just off J21 of the M1, the two Texaco garages opposite each other have both changed to Jet recently. I did wonder if there was some problem with Texaco, as I can't offhand think of any other garages of theirs.
 Petrol station changing brands - R.P.
The petrol station in the village is a Texaco - not only is it pretty expensive in comparison to local Shell forecourts it has now got a bit of a reputation - raided by the Council in respect of not having an off licence licence and selling booze, also by the UKBA in the very recent past - all in rural Wales. It was peerlessly run by a local man who opened it around 20 years ago until very recently, it has become a shadow of its former self, sadly.
Last edited by: Pugugly on Sun 9 Jan 11 at 18:49
 Petrol station changing brands - Pat
Our local Texaco changed to jet a few weeks ago. I haven't used it yet, not sure I'll notice any difference.
 Petrol station changing brands - R.P.
Apparently Texaco and Conoco have a joint "platform" they may be "adjusting" their branding. I always associated Jet with small rural petrols stations.
Last edited by: Pugugly on Sun 9 Jan 11 at 20:00
 Petrol station changing brands - John H
>> Apparently Texaco and conoco have a joint "platform" they may be "adjusting" their branding. I
>> always associated Jet with small rural petrols stations.
>>

Many are run as franchises.
Buy a Jet one here:
uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/West-Kent-Profitable-Service-Station-For-Sale.aspx

other brands available if you want:
www.businessesforsale.com/search/Gas-Petrol-Service-Stations-for-sale
www.rightbiz.co.uk/uk/116_petrol_&_filling_stations.html
Last edited by: Webmaster on Sun 9 Jan 11 at 22:58
Latest Forum Posts