Motoring Discussion > MINI MINI Cooper Diesel R56 - Any opinions?
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 10

MINI MINI Cooper Diesel R56 - Any opinions? - Pat
Looking to replace my wife's Audi A4 and she likes the look of the MINI. Went to look at one yesterday, Cooper D on an 08 plate (March 2008). Lots of extras (chilli pack plus other bits and pieces) one owner, 56k miles. 10,995. Colour is metallic Nightfire (not the best) but the car is as new. We're going to have a test drive (hopefully) today, and assuming that's okay we'll do the deal.

The reviews of thsi car look good but does anyone have personal experience?

How much should I offer? Screen price seems a tad high to me.

Thanks
Also, the Audi is for sale here (the only car in the For Sale section!). Check it out if you're after a genuine, quality runaround.
 MINI MINI Cooper Diesel R56 - Any opinions? - Netsur
Seems like a high mileage for a small car. I would expect no more than 30,000 for that age. Need to get the price down.
 MINI MINI Cooper Diesel R56 - Any opinions? - Iffy
Not the fastest car on four wheels, so I would be looking for a sufficiently long test drive to assess the performance.

Gruntus Lackus is a frustrating motoring condition and one to be avoided if at all possible.

Thanks for the responses.

Anyway, the deal has been done. I've spent weeks looking and thinking about replacing the Audi, so, much as I'll miss it, I'm glad to have finalised it. The dealer offered a good trade-in for the Audi so I've gone for it.

I test drove the car, still feels new. No ball of fire but the low running costs will more than compensate - £20 road tax and 65+ mpg.

Still not keen on the colour, and my wife is even less keen, but the deal seemed right and we've taken the plunge. Should get it next Saturday. It'll feel strange leaving the Audi at the dealers as we've had it for 10.5 years and it's like a member of the family.

A friend of mine is on her second MINI.

Her latest one is a Cooper S, and apart from an apparent one-off thirst for oil, she's pleased with it.

If I recall the wife of a C4P member is on her second MINI.

People seem to like them, which is the main reason they fetch good money.

Just brace yourself for a few sarky remarks about estate agents. :)

MINI MINI Cooper Diesel R56 - Any opinions? - Runfer D'Hills
I have no possible use for a Mini Cooper but I would quite like one. A lairy one though.

...and a Brera, an Aston Martin, a Golf R32, a Range Rover, a Quattroporte, a Scaglietti, a...
 MINI MINI Cooper Diesel R56 - Any opinions? - nick1975
I have had mine for seven months now, from new. The only thing I don't love is it's a bit noisy at low speeds. Seems to run on air, hardly event needs filling up, also has a misfiling prevention device built in so no issues. The Bluetooth phone set up is brilliant. Handles like a dream and has plenty of poke, definitely not underpowered. Easy to park. Fits in my small tight garage, can cruise on the motorway no worries, boots small but okay, rear is fine for a toddler. I used to have a Jazz which, whilst okay when i had it, now seems like a pile of dung compared to the mini. Streets ahead. You will not be disappointed!
...Also, the Audi is for sale here (the only car in the For Sale section!)...

www.car4play.com/forum/threads.htm?f=7

Not any more it isn't.

Has it sold already?
Yes, because I've ageed to trade it in, so I asked the mods to remove the thread.

However, if you're intersetd in it I'm sure we could reach an agreement............
 MINI MINI Cooper Diesel R56 - Any opinions? - Boxsterboy
We had a Cooper Clubman D at work that has just gone back at the end of lease and 45,000 miles.

No major problems except the service light seemed to have a mind of its own and would come on repeatedly, even just after the car had been serviced. The front bumper is very low and causes problems with speed bumps (and snow in between tyre tracks).

It wasn't my car, but when I drove it I was left a bit under-whelmed, considering all the hype over MINIs.
Latest Forum Posts