Motoring Discussion > Do you suppose? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Tooslow Replies: 7

Do you suppose? - Tooslow
I saw a FIAT 500 the other day. Y’know the sort of thing, a garage name written on its side as though perhaps it were a loan car. You’ve bent your own in this bad weather and you’re pootling around in a little FIAT. I was travelling between Keswick and Ambleside at the time. It was piddling down and there was slush on the road over the top. Not too bad. Mostly the road was clear with slush to the side and between the lanes. There were one or two spots where the slush did cover the road but it was soft, thin stuff. No trouble.

The thing is, this FIAT was on its roof. You don’t suppose….?

John
 Do you suppose? - Runfer D'Hills
Oh dear TS ! - You can just imagine the phone call..." Hello, is that Smith's the car dealer's? Yes, well, you see, you'll most probably laugh when I tell you but the thing is..."
 Do you suppose? - Dave_
About twenty years ago one of my friends bashed his Rover 100 and then spun the courtesy car four days later... I've noticed bodyshop courtesy cars are often battle-scarred, must go with the clientele I suppose.
 Do you suppose? - Iffy
I wonder if the car belonged to the Fiat dealer in Keswick?

Proper garage, not just a showroom, family firm, and nice folks as well.

www.keswickmotorcompany.co.uk/?ABOUT_US

Do you suppose? - Runfer D'Hills
Round about 1992 I hired a Liverpudlian lad as a sales rep. We gave him a then brand new Cavalier as a company car. He'd only been with us a couple of weeks when we got a phone call from him admitting that he'd smashed into the back of a newish Jag XJ when joining the queue for the Mersey Tunnel. Damage to the Vauxhall rendered it undrivable but apparently the Jag, while bent, was less harmed.

I organised a hire car for Jack-The-Lad and put it down to bad luck.

The following day he hit the back of the same Jag, in the same queue with the hire car.

Not sure what he's doing now.
 Do you suppose? - Iffy
...Not sure what he's doing now...

Dunno either, but his history suggests he will do exactly the same thing tomorrow. :)

Do you suppose? - Crankcase

>>
>> Not sure what he's doing now.
>>

Time?
 Do you suppose? - bathtub tom
Digging his way up from six-feet under?
Latest Forum Posts