Motoring Discussion > Nissan Leaf electric car to be built in UK Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 8

Nissan Leaf electric car to be built in UK - Focusless
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8573724.stm
 Nissan Leaf electric car to be built in UK - ....
BMW are currently asking for clarification in the taxation of EV usage. They see potential issues around this.
 Nissan Leaf electric car to be built in UK - Londoner
It doesn't surprise me that BMW are twitchy about this. For all their success, BMW live in perpetual fear of failure and falling behind. (That's a fascinating thread all on its own).

But this is good news for the UK and a deserved vote of confidence in the Sunderland plant after years and years of success. God bless 'em, my last car was built by the lads & lasses of the North-East and I wish that I'd never god rid of it. Utterly reliable, and ticked all the boxes for me.

The only cloud for me is Nissan's association with Renault.
 Nissan Leaf electric car to be built in UK - Dog
Not exactly 'drop dead gorgeous' is it ... I particularly don't like the full frontal look, A tad too effeminate (for me)
And, its hardly Zero (Hello A&E) emissions, being it'll take a power station to 'pump it up', and,
Price?
I'm sure it will sell well though.
 Nissan Leaf electric car to be built in UK - Dieselfitter
Wonder how many cycles the Li ion batteries are good for - 500? And how much to replace them?
 Nissan Leaf electric car to be built in UK - -
Good news for the plant and workers.

I do wonder though why we as taxpayers are giving a £20.7M grant (not loan) to aid the project.
 Nissan Leaf electric car to be built in UK - Robin O'Reliant
I have some sympathy with this view on the Leaf -

www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/environment/sunderland-to-build-car-that-won't-reach-doncaster-201003182569/
 Nissan Leaf electric car to be built in UK - -
Brilliant RR.
 Nissan Leaf electric car to be built in UK - FotheringtonTomas
Amusing, if rather old hat. In a way it's a pity that these sort of articles with 20-year-old jokes appear, because some may take them seriously.
Latest Forum Posts