Motoring Discussion > Toyota HiLux Vigo - Hilux question for GB Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dave Replies: 2

Toyota HiLux Vigo - Hilux question for GB - Dave
Someone wants a dog box for the back seat of a double cab Hilux. So... does the rear seat fold, and does the seat squab come up to fold the rear, or does the rear just fold onto the squabs.

Also, when folded is it flat and level?

Cheers... Dave
 Toyota HiLux Vigo - Hilux question for GB - -
Dave, here we go, if you can make head or tail of any explanation i give, you're a better bloke than me;)

Seat squab is hinged at the rear, as you lift the squab the rear seat slides down the rear bulkhead so it leaves an upright but fairly bulky chunk of backrest and squab.

The floor under the seat is flat when folded but is only about 14" depth before dropping to the footwell, which drops about 4", would be easy to build that up to make the whole area flat.

Rough measurements with passenger seat forward in line with centre console gives approx space of 27" depth (folded seat to front seat/centre console) X 31" from edge of drivers seat to NSR door.

4 looking at you bolts hold the whole combined rear seat/backrest in place, it's a 2 minute job to remove the whole rear seat (which i did to soundproof the rear bulkhead and floor) which leaves a huge square space the approx measurements of which i will glady take if you want them.

Toyota HiLux Vigo - Hilux question for GB - Dave
Thanks mate. Yes, it makes sense! You end up with a taller space, but narrower. I think in mine (Isuzu) the back drops down so I have a shorter height but more width! I have a box for mine already made, so I think I'll just try that out in a Hilux and see if it fits through the door. If it does I'll just copy it to save re-inventing the wheel.
Latest Forum Posts