Motoring Discussion > Jaguar XF - XF 3.0D - 3 week Review
Thread Author: Jag-u-r Replies: 2

Jaguar XF - XF 3.0D - 3 week Review - Jag-u-r
I was lucky enough to get a new car almost 3 weeks ago - a beautiful Jaguar XF 3.0D Premium Luxury.

I had an S Type a few years back but the XF is nothing like the Jags of old. This is pure class and modern technology, which actually works. I tried a number of different cars before chosing the Jag. Audi A5 Sportsback, Merc C250 and BMW 330D but the Jag won the day easily.

As standard all XFs come with a host of items which would all be cost options on most of the opposition. I can honestly say that it was by far the best car.

After almost 3 weeks the engine has been run in and I'm now starting to explore the capabilities of the engine and gearbox. Wow is all I can say...

For a 3 litre engine I am averaging 36.3 MPG over 2,400 miles, with one journey showing an average of 51.4 MPG (all figures from the onboard computer).

The boot is simply huge and you can even fold down the rear seats to make the space frankly astonishing.

One other factor swung the decision for me - the relative exclusivity of the XF. On my 120 mile round trip to work and back I see an almost endless number of BMW, Audi and Merc but hardly any other XFs. For those looking for a change - try a test drive in an XF and I bet it won't be what you expected.
 Jaguar XF - XF 3.0D - 3 week Review - Iffy
Pal of mine has had two of these and rates them highly.

He did mention something about tyre wear, but I get the impression most bigger cars are harder on tyres than smaller ones.
 Jaguar XF - XF 3.0D - 3 week Review - midlifecrisis
Ours are arriving in about two weeks time. One of the best cars I've ever driven. Superb high speed handling and the fit and finish was excellent.

Sadly, I can't stretch to one of my own.
Latest Forum Posts