Motoring Discussion > Drink and motoring don't mix Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 15

Drink and motoring don't mix - Iffy
Les Battersby admits drink and dangerous driving when he grabs the wheel as his wife is driving:
tinyurl.com/yzofukv

And in other news, a businessman loses his Lamborghini Gallardo during a night out. He previously lost a Merc in similar circumstances, a court heard.
tinyurl.com/yzktcut

Make it up? You've no need to.

Drink and motoring don't mix - rtj70
TinyURL links the wrong way around.
Glad someone's paying attention.

Trying to post two links at once was always going to tax my tiny abilities.

Anyway, rtj, haven't you got some modding to do somewhere else?
Don't think so.
...don't think so...

Oh, your name's still on the list.
Indeed it is... but nothing needs moderating there and I step down shortly to leave the new ones to it.
 Drink and motoring don't mix - Runfer D'Hills
.....which is code for ?.....

:-)
 Drink and motoring don't mix - FotheringtonTomas
>> Les Battersby admits drink and dangerous driving when he grabs the wheel as his wife
>> is driving:
>> tinyurl.com/yzktcut

I think that was quite the wrong charge to bring. He wasn't driving, he was trying to crash the car and kill himself and his wife.

"Mr D'Souza told trial judge Simon Medland that Jones might be willing to make a guilty plea if he knew what sentence the court was considering."

I think that's a disgrace in itself, too.
 Drink and motoring don't mix - Bellboy
sorry stopped reading the daily mail in 1980
 Drink and motoring don't mix - Armel Coussine
Non-story... total wally gets drunk and seizes wheel of car being driven by wife in ostensible effort to crash car and kill them both. Has the decency to fail, so no one hurt.

But wife, who has had it up to here six times over with the geezer's idiot carp, rats to the fuzz and gets him run in.

Yawnsville.
 Drink and motoring don't mix - RattleandSmoke
I think Bruce Jones suffers from quite a few mental health issues possibly partly because by him discovering a body of one of Peter Sucliffe's victims.
...Non-story...

Lud,

In a sober moment, you as an ex-hack will know the story will be covered by all the major news media, including most national newspapers.

As such, it will be read by millions and is a story.

It may be a story of little interest to your good self, but it's a story nonetheless.

Drink and motoring don't mix - Dave_
>> total wally gets drunk and seizes wheel of car being driven ... in ostensible effort to crash car and kill them both

I've had that happen when I was taxi driving. The wally in this case failed as well, mainly due to the surprise of me stamping on the ABS brakes very very hard. One of the many reasons why I wasn't sorry to give it up as a career.
Last edited by: Dave_TD {P} on Sat 20 Mar 10 at 01:33
 Drink and motoring don't mix - henry k
Scary story.
 Drink and motoring don't mix - kensitas
I may have missed something - but why are stories of personal woe (albeit with cars at their focus) of any relevance here? There isn't a great principle at stake, or motoring related controversy being discussed is there?

All i see are two stories about others' misfortunes - all a bit tabloid in my view.

Now, if it were related to forthcoming proposals to further limit levels of alcohol in blood whilst driving, it may be more worthy (or indeed, interesting..).
Last edited by: kensitas on Sat 20 Mar 10 at 10:33
...all a bit tabloid in my view...

And what's wrong with that?

There's only one broadsheet newspaper left, and even though I've not checked, I'll guarantee you it covered both stories.

How can a story about a man who says he loses a Lamborghini somewhere between Surrey and Kent, claims on insurance, gets charged with fraud and gets found not guilty, not be interesting?

And drunken - or otherwise - passengers grabbing the steering wheel must fall into the same category, in my view.

Like it or not, Jones/Battersby had a prominent role in Britain's most popular television drama, and his on and off-screen adventures are of interest to the public.

...forthcoming proposals to further limit levels of alcohol in blood whilst driving...

Now that's what I call boring.

Any story using the words 'forthcoming proposals' immediately sends me to sleep.

Latest Forum Posts