Motoring Discussion > Car for my 19 year old daughter Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Redfire Replies: 9

Car for my 19 year old daughter - Redfire
My daughter has asked me to help her buy a cool, sporty(ish) looking, reliable, economical car. She has a budget of approx. £4000 plus PX of her 52 plate Ford Ka (that she has not looked after). The inside resembles the bottom of a cage that a very large bird has been living for quite some time. It smells awful and is full of bits of straw. (She works looking after horses). I guess we could spend a weekend making it nice and sweet smelling again and a trip to the breakers to replace the door cards where her boyfriend nailed and taped some bass sounding speakers to the existing cards.

She quite fancies a Ford Focus, Vauxhall Astra, Honda Civic, Mazda MX5!. She now has 2 years of driving experience with 2 years no claims and no penalty points.

Any advice/views would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 Car for my 19 year old daughter - Bellboy
hyundai i10 the sexiest car to ride the planet
room for a very small pony in the boot too

good luck :-)
 Car for my 19 year old daughter - Zero
well assuming the stable sells for 2k, £6k gets you a three year old low mileage Fiat Grande Punto

Very cool for a horsey young lady
 Car for my 19 year old daughter - RattleandSmoke
They are doing the Puntos for a shade over £8k new so I am guessing you could get a two year old one for that price.

I don't think the grande Punto is as reliable as ther older ones though.
 Car for my 19 year old daughter - hawkeye

If she treats her car like a mobile stable, either get her something she can hose out like a Citroen Berlingo or get her another banger and she's got £3k to spend on whatever. And get boyfriend to repair the damage to the Ka.

Yes, it's been a long day.
 Car for my 19 year old daughter - nick1975
what about a mini?
 Car for my 19 year old daughter - Bellboy
a mini what though?
 Car for my 19 year old daughter - henry k
>>Any advice/views would be greatly appreciated.
>>
A horse box?
www.horsedeals.co.uk/horseboxes,-trailers-and-tractors-for-sale/horseb
oxes-for-sale/
 Car for my 19 year old daughter - Dieselfitter
If she's anything like my daughter, currently also a Ka owner, only a Mini will do next time. Which one? One is probably the answer.
 Car for my 19 year old daughter - Redfire
Many thanks to everyone for their input.

She has opted for a Honda Civic 1.6 SE and has said she will look after this one. Time will tell.
Latest Forum Posts