Motoring Discussion > Audi - A7: elegant but how big? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: WillDeBeest Replies: 8

Audi - A7: elegant but how big? - WillDeBeest
When I first saw a large, dark silver Audi hatchback in the distance, I assumed it was an updated A5, as the hindquarters seemed better proportioned than before. But as the A404(M) ground to a halt, I caught up enough to see an A7 badge.

I was surprised - neither I nor, it appears, the Audi model list on this site, was expecting it. It didn't seem noticeably bigger than the A5 but it's certainly handsome. Is this Audi's challenge to the not-conspicuously-successful BMW 5 GT?
 Audi - A7: elegant but how big? - Hard Cheese

Agreed, it looks very stylish from the rear at least.

Audi - A7: elegant but how big? - Lygonos
Saw one and thought it was an A6 - from the side the hatch looks a bit like it has been grafted on.

Personally the XF looks muuuuuuch better.
 Audi - A7: elegant but how big? - Skoda
An A5 for the A8 buyer who doesn't like A4 looks.

Just about makes as much sense as this model. I predict a flop.
 Audi - A7: elegant but how big? - Londoner
>> I predict a flop.
>>
You could be right, Skoda. It is really just an A6 with a hatchback. Very handsome, to be sure, but a hefty premium in price over both the saloon and the estate.

Most people will choose the A6 estate over the A7, I reckon, except for oddball estate-haters like me. (And I can't afford it anyway) *chuckles*
I can't afford one either, but if it does flop (although the similarly 'oddball' A5 seems to be doing well) it might be a tempting proposition in two years' time.

No rear wiper, I noticed. The original 100 Avant had one, but maybe it's a snob thing. I'd prefer to see where I'm parking in the rain, but perhaps that's just me.
 Audi - A7: elegant but how big? - Skoda
>> No rear wiper, I noticed

In this day and age, can we not disperse water on command via some clever materials and mild electrickery?

That would be very swish. I'd add it to the lottery garage if it had a no moving parts water dispersant mechanism.

The starship Enterprise has no windscreen wipers, so it's coming. And in all those scenes of characters striding through the corridors they never pass anyone pushing a vacuum cleaner, so that's another technological advance to look forward to.
I followed another one today. (Or possibly the same one again - it wasn't far from my original sighting.) It was the same pale, slightly greenish grey, and it looked fantastic - much sharper, to my eye, than the wiggle-sided A5, and with a hint of Aston Martin about the hindquarters.

I want one. Now, where can I find £40,000?
Latest Forum Posts