Motoring Discussion > Auto Windscreens in administration Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Hard Cheese Replies: 21

Auto Windscreens in administration - Hard Cheese

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12458091

Would have thought it relatively unaffected by the economic situation ...

Auto Windscreens in administration - Zero
They dont appear to be top heavy staff wise.

say 4 guys per fitting centre = 272
550 mobile guys

822 in the front line, only leaves 278 in admin, finance, call centres, sales, supply & logistics.
 Auto Windscreens in administration - Notdoctorchris
The company were acting very strangely when I needed my screen replacing over Christmas. They could not get someone out to me for 2 weeks. On the day that a call was promised nobody arrived. It seems that they had moved my appointment to the following day without telling me.
In addition, they took my payment of the screen excess on the day I phoned them rather than when the screen was supplied. I was a bit unhappy at the time about it and now, having seen what has happened to this company, I would never let a payment like this be taken in advance in the future. I did not lose any money but I wonder if anyone on the forum has paid in advance for a new screen and now is not sure if it will be supplied?
 Auto Windscreens in administration - Iffy
I wonder if there are any customers' cars now locked in the fitting centres.

Last edited by: Iffy on Mon 14 Feb 11 at 18:52
 Auto Windscreens in administration - L'escargot
If they do go out of business, I'll mourn their passing. They were one of the few companies which, on request, would fit a genuine spare windscreen or at least one made to the same specification and by the same manufacturer as the original.
 Auto Windscreens in administration - mikeyb
I wonder in bad managemnt is to blame......I thought this business was booming after all the pot holes
 Auto Windscreens in administration - Harleyman
I suspect they've been somewhat eclipsed by their rivals, Autoglass, who must spend a mint on advertising.
 Auto Windscreens in administration - Bellboy
the large creditor that put them into administration was
HM Revenue & Customs.
perhaps pda would like to comment on this one?
 Auto Windscreens in administration - John H
>> the large creditor that put them into administration was
>> HM Revenue & Customs.
>> perhaps pda would like to comment on this one?
>>

Why? Do you think she'll be happy if no one buys the assets, and the company is allowed to die and disappear forever, never again able to exploit the poor downtrodden workers? ;-)

Auto Windscreens in administration - Pat
This sort of remark is probably the reason I haven't commented on anything over the weekend.

It's also the reason that a lot of people will never bother to sign on and try and be a part of car4play.

As an aside John H, why do you always apply 'poor' and 'downtrodden' to the word worker or working class.?

Is it how you perceive them?

Pay
>> As an aside John H, why do you always apply 'poor' and 'downtrodden' to the
>> word worker or working class.?
>>

Get your facts right.

Search this forum over the last one year of its existence for the word "downtrodden", and the words "poor downtrodden".

It shows that my use of the words is in reply to your first use of the phrase.

p.s. I thought you said you were not going to be beaten by mere words on a forum, and especially those from someone you know nothing about. ;-)
Last edited by: John H on Tue 15 Feb 11 at 09:08
 Auto Windscreens in administration - L'escargot
Pat, if someone on here annoys or irritates me I just ignore them. In some instances I ignore them forever. After all, they're only just complete strangers at the other end of an internet connection.
>> Pat, if someone on here annoys or irritates me I just ignore them. In some
>> instances I ignore them forever. After all, they're only just complete strangers at the other
>> end of an internet connection.
>>

Exactly, but no, some people on here think they know me.
I may know who they are because they have been courageous enough to post their photos, personal and private details on their facebook pages, and linked those to c4p's facebook page.
I take your point L'es:)

But on this occasion the pedant in me has to point out that

>>>private details on their facebook pages,<<

is a contradiction of terms.

Pat
 Auto Windscreens in administration - Fenlander
>>>>>>private details on their facebook pages... is a contradiction of terms.

Yes and one many users of facebook have yet to really grasp..... as teachers have been warned by their unions over the last few days.

>> But on this occasion the pedant in me has to point out that
>>
>> >>>private details on their facebook pages,<<
>>
>> is a contradiction of terms.
>>

which is a fact that many Facebook users (including some on this forum) seem to be unaware of.

Auto Windscreens in administration - Mapmaker
It's jolly fortunate that nearly 1,000 jobs weren't saved by putting the company into a prepack. Thank goodness these people are all now on the dole.
I am more concerned about the now dominant position of Auto Glass.
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

And exceedingly boring.

Pat
 Auto Windscreens in administration - Bellboy
minimum replies
interesting
me thinks some people are afraid to post in case they arent seen in teachers pet class
On the contrary BB, I think most of us are adults on here.
As such, we welcome a discussion without disputes and digs.

If that isn't an available option, as some seem to make sure, then a lot of posters just prefer not to post at all.

Pat
And now completely dead.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-12578050
Latest Forum Posts