Motoring Discussion > cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 13

cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-12526271
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - Bromptonaut
Looks to me as though it should read 125.9 but there's a stuck bit in the figure 1. Still good for a laugh though.
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - Bellboy
there was a petrol station on the road into skeggy that showed cheap fuel for donkeys years as it was well shut
might still be there havent been back since the ghost in the b and b at burgh le marsh scared me and the wife whitless one saturday night
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - Stuartli
Diesel and super unleaded are £134.9 around here at present, but 5p a litre cheaper at the Sainsburys supermarket at Bamber Bridge, near Preston; unleaded is 5p a litre less...:-(
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - R.P.
Bellboy that's a story you're going to have to tell us !
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - Skoda
There's still a cheap one in Chapelhall, i think it's showing 60 odd pence a litre or something like that. Wonder how many people pull in :-)

EDIT: google streetview says the sign's been taken down, those images were taken a while back too :-( Pumps are still there --

goo.gl/lTggH
Last edited by: Skoda on Mon 21 Feb 11 at 23:27
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - Mike Hannon
My pal has just come back from Bahrain - unleaded 22c a litre (euro equivalent).
Mind you, there are drawbacks...
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - Badwolf
Stuartli - did you drive past Tesco at Kew the other day? The price board had 183.9p up for diesel! Shurely shome mishtake?!
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - bathtub tom
What effect will all this African and Middle Eastern troubles have on fuel prices?

How much of our oil comes from these regions?
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - AshT
Oil prices now at a two year high: -
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12533620
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - Shiny
In Persia, the petrol and diesel is 6p a litre and people are moaning because it goes up to 25p in March. (Government will remove the 20p a litre subsidy)
www.soheilnets.com/Tehran%20Roads.jpg
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - rtj70
Nice picture of a road that.

Persia does not exist anymore. Did you mean Iran?
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - bathtub tom
I worked with a guy who referred to himself as Persian. I got the impression it was an amalgamation of Iraq and Iran.

His original name was Patel, but he changed it to Petit.
 cheap petrol - kid you not - well maybe. - rtj70
I thought a large region including Iraq, Kuwait and Iran was Persia.... and then the Brits divided it up and caused no end of problems a long time later.
Latest Forum Posts