Motoring Discussion > One for those who can't abide the Daily Mail... Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Stuartli Replies: 11

One for those who can't abide the Daily Mail... - Stuartli
Perhaps a Car4play contributor?

tinyurl.com/4tcpnu9
 One for those who can't abide the Daily Mail... - Stuu
I saw that earlier but decided not to link it with the distain for the Mail.
 One for those who can't abide the Daily Mail... - rtj70
>> and has owned some of his least favourite vehicles for less than a week.

My last real test drive was 48 hours in 2007 and did a lot of different driving to see if I liked the car. I still do and importantly it is still comfortable.

But how can you buy a new car and not like it and then SWAP/SELL it in a week. He's not heard of test drives. I bet they were all silver cars.

I cannot decide if I like VW island grey or iron grey. Seen a car I liked the colour of but which was it :-)
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 21 Feb 11 at 23:53
 One for those who can't abide the Daily Mail... - RattleandSmoke
His recent cars all seem to be French, that might explain his high turnover. They probably all broke down within a day :p.

He must be quite well off, not many 17 year olds could have afforded a brand new car in 1959. For most people it was a 10 year old Popular if you were lucky.
The story is not 100% accurate IMO. The swap cars that frequently needs money. And therefore you do not spend on 'common' cars'. Crap reporting? Can't be in the Daily Mail though. A lot of ollocks to me.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 22 Feb 11 at 00:17
 One for those who can't abide the Daily Mail... - RattleandSmoke
Indeed, its either a bit a wind up or half these cars he claims to have owned were just hire cars.

If it was true the costs would be £1000's each year.
 One for those who can't abide the Daily Mail... - WillDeBeest
According to one picture and caption he had a 1971 Cortina in 1985. Draw your own conclusions about the quality of the reporting and the value of the story.
>>I cannot decide if I like VW island grey or iron grey. Seen a car I liked the colour of but which was it :-)>>

My current VW is metallic mineral grey. Very classy, even though initially I wanted Reflex Silver again.
>> My current VW is metallic mineral grey

Thread drift but that's what we do... Seen the model in a gray colour and liked it, Based on online info no idea (for sure) which it was. I'll sort it.
 One for those who can't abide the Daily Mail... - BobbyG
This story is in this week's Auto Express, probably more factual in AE and they haven't pixilated out his private reg plates either!
How much is it to transfer a number plate?
>>Seen a car I liked the colour of but which was it :-)>>

Examples of my car in metallic mineral grey:

preview.tinyurl.com/4bgoq4f

www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2531000.htm (having a laugh with the listed price!)
 One for those who can't abide the Daily Mail... - Chas
Claims he owns a Peugeot 208!!

That's a feat seeing as that model won't be launched until next year. Pictured is a 308 so the reporting is poor as others have said.
Last edited by: Chas on Tue 22 Feb 11 at 09:57
Latest Forum Posts