Motoring Discussion > Nissan X-Trail - How much for a service? £189/£109 - same service Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 3

Nissan X-Trail - How much for a service? £189/£109 - same service - Falkirk Bairn
How much? Well it varies within 1 franchise.

Customer (me) How much for a 4th year service?

Nissan Franchise
Nissan service - 4 year old car - £189 Sir!

Customer (me)
It is only a oil and filter change + a look around - the Nissan Website offers Bronze Service for £109.......................

Nissan Franchise
Can I phone you back?

Still waiting.
 Nissan X-Trail - How much for a service? £189/£109 - same service - jc2
I've found dealers within the same overall group offering different prices.
 Nissan X-Trail - How much for a service? £189/£109 - same service - mikeyb
Some dealers wont stamp the book if you have the cheap service, although my local VW will.

I guess they may have just been trying it on to see if you would pay the full price and were not aware of the offer.

If they dont call you back then compain to Nissan!
 Nissan X-Trail - How much for a service? £189/£109 - same service - Bill Payer
>> Some dealers wont stamp the book if you have the cheap service,

That's pretty coomon now, and certainly applies on our Honda, Merc and Mitsubishi.

However one pretty valuable benefit from all of them is that breakdown cover continues if you have the "proper" service - with Honda and Mitsubishi it the all singing all dancing top of the range European AA cover, which would more than pay for the service if you actually needed that level of cover.

The MB one is a bit different - better coverage in some respects, worse in others.

Two things I would be careful of when getting quotes:
1) Ask what they'll do, and if it's the manufacturers service then make sure they're working to the correct service sheet appropriate to the registration date of the car.
Many manufacturers reduced the things that need doing when they introduced free or subsidised service, so they may not be doing the work you expect - some of them do virtually nothing for 3yrs then the 4yr service (which the customer is paying for) is massive.
2) Make sure the price quoted includes VAT!
Latest Forum Posts