Motoring Discussion > Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 26

Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - R.P.
www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/news/article7068112.ece

I for one always preferred it to TG - the reduced number of presenters will help as well. Good I say.
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - Badwolf
It's a pity Tom Ford has left. I much prefer him to Jonny Smith - I find that he tries a little too hard to be 'off-the-wall'. I'm glad that Tiffany's staying on though. And VBH is obviously a bonus - rather aesthetically pleasing.
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - -
Oh no, apparently more time on the track, not an ego rival to TG please.

Ever since they tested a batch of small cars never intended to be driven stupidly, including IIRC Suzuki WagonR and old model Kia Rio, i've never been able to watch the program again.
Seeing the grinning one trying to push the tyres off the rims of these little cars...i daren't say any more.

Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - SteelSpark
>> And VBH is obviously a bonus - rather aesthetically pleasing.

Badwolf, I really must ask that you do not get back behind the wheel of a car, until you have had your eyesight checked :)
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - Badwolf
It's ok, SS. My guide dog helps me out - one bark for left, two for right and a rather alarmed yelp for stop... :-)
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - Iffy
...not an ego rival to TG please...

TG is just a jerk-off for the presenters which is not something I wish to watch.

I always preferred Fifth Gear and I think there's room for a more straightforward motoring programme.

There's a temptation, seen in media particularly, to try to do something differently, when often the tried and tested approach works best.

Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - -
I agree IIH, i want something interesting and intelligently made to watch motoring wise, the ego's are not needed and make me cringe, Quentin Wilsons items i always found interesting.

The problem with motoring programs of recent times is they are targeted at youngsters which may be the viewers the various channels want, surprised at independent TV companies not realising the more mature viewer may have more money to spend therefore better target audience to bring the advertisers on board, but what the hell do i know.

Maybe it doesn't work like that, maybe the more mature motorist or indeed mature potential customer for any goods isn't as swayed by drivel ads as image conscious youngsters, i doubt for example any of us here would even subconsciously be influenced by any TV ad.
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - SteelSpark
>> TG is just a jerk-off for the presenters which is not something I wish to
>> watch.

I only really watch TG for entertainment, rather than information. On that basis I find the buffoonary of the challenges and the "reviews" of high ends cars reasonably entertaining, but what does make me cringe is the scripted banter in the studio. For some reason, they just cannot carry that off, even after years of trying, the stiffness is unbelievable.
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - Zero
I really dont have any time in my schedule to see Tiffany Dill powersliding cars round the same old track time after time after time. NO wonder he is a failed racing driver, he should try a fast lap some time.,
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - movilogo
Most motoring programs have lost relevance nowadays.

If I want to see review of a car, I can just check YouTube for some quality clips.

Top Gear is almost disgusting to watch [compared what what it was 8-10 years back].

Fifth gear is comparatively better. But still I'd rather watch it online [so that I can fast forward when required] than TV.
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - Bellboy
They should have buried it .
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - VxFan
Pity they're keeping VBH and not bringing back John Bentely. I can't stand that woman when does that silly laugh and screeches.
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - Westpig
>> I can't stand that woman when she does that silly laugh and screeches.
>>
ditto
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - Runfer D'Hills
I quite fancy her actually......
You would.

Mind, she's better looking than most other motoring journalists.

Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - VxFan
>> Mind she's better looking than most other motoring journalists.

If Pologirl were here (and it won't be long I gather), she'd argue that Richard Hammond is the best looking motoring journalist.
Aye, but he's kinda short. Can't have everything I suppose.

Have to say, still prefer VBH but it takes all sorts, 21st century and all that.....
Pat Moss? And what about Davina Galicia?

Exotic name, haven't a clue what she looked like.

Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - Zero
>> Aye but he's kinda short. Can't have everything I suppose.

Nothing "kinda" about it, he is a long haired hippy midget.
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - Stuartli
One of my best mate's often used phrase sums it up: I wouldn't climb over her to get to you.....
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - nyx2k
vbh strikes as simpering and airhead.
id like to see sabine smidtt from germany on our screens.
In fairness to her she has got very strong motoring credentials.....
Cracking headlights too.
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - crocks
Isn't that an MOT fail?
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - nyx2k
vbh does drive well though. tiff nedell can be a little annoying at times but i miss quentin wilson for his striaght forward approach witn no gimmicks
Plato is a good and enthusiastic presenter as well - as well as being a cracking driver.
 Fifth Gear saved from Scrappage..... - Screwloose
Divina Galica was a very nice lass; I remember chatting to her at a Brand's tyre test back in 76.

A bit posh totty - but totty none the less.

Pics on google Images
Last edited by: Screwloose on Sun 21 Mar 10 at 22:51
Latest Forum Posts