Motoring Discussion > Ford Fiesta - Headlight bulbs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: IJWS14 Replies: 4

Ford Fiesta - Headlight bulbs - IJWS14
2 years ago I put 2 Halfords 90% brighter bulbs into her Fiesta (it was about a month old and she had not been impressed by the headlights), about a month ago one blew, changed it for one of the originals and went out for 2 more (BOGOF at Halfords)

Went out to put her car into the garage last night and noticed neither headlamp came on, both had blown, being fairly light she had not noticed. Fitted the two new ones - at least you don't have to strip the front of the car down, just take the headlamp uinit out.

Do these bulbs only last 2 years, or should I disable the coming home function?

The Octavia is still on its originals after 3 years and it also has the coming home lighting but, having more intelligence than the newer Fiesta, it only puts them on when it is dark.
 Ford Fiesta - Headlight bulbs - Zero
MY Osram Nightbreaker +80% bulbs lasted exactly one year. you were lucky.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 1 Mar 11 at 09:15
 Ford Fiesta - Headlight bulbs - Old Navy
I think as a general rule the brighter it burns the shorter its life.
 Ford Fiesta - Headlight bulbs - Bellboy
headlight bulbs last forever on private hire cars
well they must do as i never see them with their headlights on
they dont drive fiestas though
 Ford Fiesta - Headlight bulbs - Chris S
>> Do these bulbs only last 2 years, or should I disable the coming home function?
>>

I had a problem with a headlamp bulb that kept blowing. It turned out that the connectors wern't a very good fit.

I got an aluminium drinks can and scraped some of the paint off. I then cut out a small piece about the size of the conncetor and pushed it in before inserting the bulb.

The connection was a much better fit and so far the bulb hasn't blown again.
Latest Forum Posts