Motoring Discussion > Theoretically pleased Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 14

Theoretically pleased - Runfer D'Hills
Had I, purely hypothetically of course, managed to put a dirty great big dent in my nearside back door a couple of weeks ago, and had I not wanted to claim on my insurance to fix it, I would today, in theory, be quite pleased.

In that instance I think I might have engaged the services of one of those clever dent fixing chaps who come to your house and work their wizardry with mysterious tools to remove the evidence of having positioned one's vehicle too close, however fleetingly, to something solid.

If that had been the case I would only this very day no doubt, feel moved to recommend such workers of magic to the assembled members.

However, as I am without any real question, a more or less perfect driver, such an event will of course reside in the realms of fiction. I have it though, and indeed on the most reliable authority, that these fellows are simply brilliant...

:-)
 Theoretically pleased - Avant
That would have been a terrible theoretical dent in your pride, wouldn't it, Humph. If that had happened to Mrs. D'About, we would have been hearing about a moving bollard.... Either way, a (theoretical) qash qow for Dentmaster or whomever.
 Theoretically pleased - Old Navy
Typical lease car driver, treat it like a lump of junk, and admit nothing. :-)
 Theoretically pleased - Zero
He never goes ass over tit on his bike either

in theory.
Sadly, no two wheeled parallels. I'm quite practised in involuntary dismountings from my bikes I'm afraid...

Theoretically pleased - Bellboy
i would say if you ever did manage to put a dent in a rear door and someone could come out and make it magically disappear in a puff like in alladin then if you ever did need this service then you would be very lucky because most door skins these days are so thin and packed with bits of things at the back that the panels invariably stretch to the point of paint break
therefore dont DO IT AGAIN............
 Theoretically pleased - Dave_
>> DONT DO IT AGAIN.....

Theoretically :)
Thanks BB. Wouldn't dream of it of course...

Just been out to look at it under street lighting and... had it been repaired today, it doesn't show at all, but naturally it wouldn't as it hasn't, because that would mean I would have done something stupid...

Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Tue 15 Mar 11 at 21:29
 Theoretically pleased - BobbyG
Did this theoretical person fix the reversing sensors at the same time??
No need, the imagined damage, had it ever existed, would have been on the nearside rear passenger door and out of range of the sensors. It would however, have been in clear sight through the nearside door mirror and therefore would have required a fairly high level of dimwittedness on the part of a driver to bring about such a large and unsightly redesign of the door skin...
in theory, how much would damage like that cost to repair if it had happened?
Wouldn't know but would guess around just north of £100...
>> Wouldn't know but would guess around just north of £100...

Thats a very good theoretical price.
 Theoretically pleased - BobbyG
I actually think that would be very skilful driving to dent a rear door that could be fixed by one of these guys without scraping it. Scraping it would be easy but denting would need an almost sideways bump into an object, not too much to wreck the door, just enough to tap it.

Maybe someone doing a handbrake turn that went wrong, or maybe someone coming from a small car, say a Panda, to a much bigger car like one of these urban SUV type things you see about?

Wouldn't be one of those Qashqai things though as their TV adverts show them to be very agile and never hit anything, avoiding all sorts of obstacles quite cleverly.
 Theoretically pleased - Ted

If I were , theoretically, to scrape the side of SW's Note on the gatepost...say, some time before Christmas on a black, rainy night, Then I might have used one of these guys myself.

I would imagine the damage to the Note would be fairly low down because of the body shape and possibly affect the lower front edge of the wheel arch as well....but not too badly. Probably just paint.

Being a black car, though, I would probably flat it off a little and paint some black Smoothrite on it which would make it virtually invisible without bending right down.

I suppose after some initial shouting at me, she would forget all about any imadined damage and never bring the subject up again. I imagine I would wait until warmer weather to rectify any such problem.

Ted
Latest Forum Posts