Motoring Discussion > Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French!
Thread Author: Chas Replies: 19

Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Chas
Let the French car slaters chew on this:

www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8404823/Peugeot-207-scoops-most-reliable-car-accolade.html#

(Apologies for the long link)
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - VxFan
>> (Apologies for the long link)

Wasn't long enough to require shrinking with tinyurl, snipurl, etc.

If in doubt, use the preview post button first.
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Dog
Japs still dominate though ~ www.reliabilityindex.com/top-100
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - BiggerBadderDave
"Peugeot-207-scoops-most-reliable-car-accolade"

What a load of crap. The Peugeot 207 came 11th. Eight of the top ten were Japanese, one Ford, one Volvo.

www.reliabilityindex.com/top-100
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Stuu
Of course, getting away from stats, reality can be different. The 207 loan car I had already wasnt roadworthy within its first year, doesnt strike me as the most reliable car in Europe, but then maybe the bar is now set so low that is a good result.

Id still hedge my bets on a Lexus over a Pug.
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Fenlander
It's just a Warranty Direct advert anyway.
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - mikeyb
Crap. This is only based upon cars that are covered under warranty by warranty direct isn't it?

Perhaps the premium for a small city car is so high people dont bother so the repair rate is low

Third is the 206 CC - I know from colleages how rubbish they were - one of the French. She got so irate that she went into PSA in Paris shouting and screaming about how unhappy she was.
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Iffy
The most reliable car is...French...April Fool!
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - RattleandSmoke
The Panda is second and that does consistently do well in reliability surveys, it is never top but it is always around 10-30 for reliability.

Most my mates have French superminis and I am very surprised just how little trouble they have had from them.
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - DP
The most unreliable car I've ever owned (a Renault) was actually very reliable during its warranty period. It was when it got to 3 yrs old the grief started.
These are old, a Clio at almost 100k and only gets serviced every 20k!, and a 206 GTI which has a habit of eating injectors every 30k but they are cheap and other than it is faultless. Not bad for a car which he rags like a boy racer. The 206 now has 120k on it.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Fri 1 Apr 11 at 17:03
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Alanovich
>> The most reliable car is...French...April Fool!
>>

I think it ill behoves the British to poke fun at the French car industry.

Glass houses, stones.
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - sherlock47
d still hedge my bets on a Lexus over a Pug.

Based on one of my friends experience - I would not put money on it! And when it does go wrong you want (NOT) to have the bill. (not high mileage, one owner from new in 2004, 430).
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Auristocrat
This has been mis-reported by the Telegraph.
Motoring magazines including Autocar and Auto Express reported it correctly - saying the Peugeot 2007 was the most reliable car from a EUROPEAN Brand!!!!!
And 2007 is quite rare, so that would suggest there isn't a big enough sample size for the figures to be accurate.
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Boxsterboy
>> This has been mis-reported by the Telegraph.
>> Motoring magazines including Autocar and Auto Express reported it correctly - saying the Peugeot 2007
>> was the most reliable car from a EUROPEAN Brand!!!!!
>>

But the Fiesta is 4th and Volvo S40 6th, with the 207 11th? Aren't Ford and Volvo European brands? It's all a bit confusing!
Last edited by: Boxsterboy on Fri 1 Apr 11 at 20:47
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Auristocrat
Ford is American. Volvo were owned by Ford (American) and are now owned by Geery (Chinese). Depends how one classes 'European'.

If it is by country of manufacture - Nissans (Juke, Note, Qashqai), Hondas (Jazz and CRV), Toyotas (Avensis, Auris, Yaris, Aygo), Chevrolet (Spark), Hyundais (i30, ix20), Kias (Pro Ceed, Ceed, Venga) Mitsubishi (Colt) and Suzukis (Swift, Splash, SX4) could be European. Hyundai i10, Nissan Micra, Nissan Pixo, Suzuki Alto - Indian rather than Korean/Japanese

Ownership of company is another story - Renault, PSA, VW Group, BMW, Mercedes, Morgan, Dacia and Aston Martin are European. Landrover/Jaguar - Indian. GM (Vauxhall. Opel, Chevrolet - American. Rolls Royce - German. Bentley - German. Lamborghini - German. Nissan - French/Japanese.
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Zero
>
>> and Aston Martin are European.

Hmm Depends. Most of the money is from Kuwait. And Ford still has a 17% stake.
 Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Hard Cheese

Peugeots used to be interesting if a little temperemental, now they are boring and reliable, I know which I would rather have.

Peugeot 207 - The most reliable car is... French! - Boxsterboy
>> Ford is American. Volvo were owned by Ford (American) and are now owned by Geery
>> (Chinese). Depends how one classes 'European'.
>>

They were talking about the most reliable of the European 'brands'. Horrible word, but to me and I suspect most people, Ford and certainly Volvo are European brands.
Latest Forum Posts