Motoring Discussion > Clean your 'ing windscreen! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: WillDeBeest Replies: 18

Clean your 'ing windscreen! - WillDeBeest
It's spring. Heaven be praised, and all that. But when the sun comes out that windscreen you haven't cleaned since the clocks went back will let you know. A good firm wipe with some neat screenwash will do your wiper blades the world of good; and a smooth microfibre cloth will feel odd against your fingers but will work wonders on the inside of the screen. Do this now, before you go anywhere.

This isn't addressed to anyone here, of course. It's mainly to the driver of the silver Mk. 4 Golf who was doing 35 in the middle lane of the westbound M4 on Tuesday evening while using what looked like the entire washer reservoir in a vain attempt to wash the film off the inside of the glass. And possibly to Mrs Beest, who seems not to have twigged that I put the cloth in her car so she could use it.
}8---)
 Clean your 'ing windscreen! - Dog
Don't forget the inside either - I use mr muscle window & glass with vinegar (try it on ya chips!)
 Clean your 'ing windscreen! - L'escargot
>> Do this now, before you go anywhere.
>>

Yes Sir, Mr WillDeBeest!
 Clean your 'ing windscreen! - Stuu
Some of us actually keep it clean rather than wait until it is foggier than Jordans morals ;-)
>>Some of us actually keep it clean rather than wait until it is foggier than Jordans morals<<

Yer - Syria is just as bad!
 Clean your 'ing windscreen! - Mike Hannon
Been using 10 per cent vinegar/water solution on scrunched-up newspaper on both cars all through winter as usual. You just do, don't you?
Helps you to see out...
 Clean your 'ing windscreen! - -
I always clean the windows inside and out every morning before departure all year round, plain water with a few drops of Lidl's 1:100, mind you the state some blokes leave 'em especially the smokers (goodness knows what state their lungs are in), makes you wonder how they drive 'em....and you should try cleaning the steering wheel with some baby wipes on a pool vehicle, stomach churning.

It's spring out there chaps, and for maximum leching potential clean windows are vital, if us fellows didn't appreciate the best efforts of the beauty of spring then the world would stop turning...social workers at heart.
Yes, it's amazing how Spring sunshine brings us out of our shells, why - even I have spoken to 3 people today.

3!! :)
 Clean your 'ing windscreen! - L'escargot
>> I always clean the windows inside and out every morning before departure all year round, ..........

That sounds like some sort of compulsive disorder.

Clean your 'ing windscreen! - Skoda
>> That sounds like some sort of compulsive disorder.

Professional driver, does more miles in a week than i do in a month probably :-)

I'm quite impressed with myself, sort of found myself doing a quick walk round before getting in the car for each journey. No points from the iam folks though cause I don't check the lights (computer can do that), just the wheels and look for signs left of incompetents parking next to me.
 Clean your 'ing windscreen! - Zero
>> I don't check the lights (computer can do that), just the wheels

1, 2, 3, 4, yup - off we go.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 9 Apr 11 at 16:19
>> 1, 2, 3, 4, yup - off we go.

Haven't planned ahead for when i find 3... what am i going to do.
 Clean your 'ing windscreen! - Dave_
>> Haven't planned ahead for when i find 3... what am i going to do

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1373885/Motorist-drunk-drove-wheel-missing-4-miles.html

Sorry, couldn't resist it :)
 Clean your 'ing windscreen! - Ian (Cape Town)
The partially deaf ....

Ok, that explains it all!
>> Sorry, couldn't resist it :)

Wow, there's still a bit of wheel there, slightly melted or just bashed?

I know they say it's an octavia, must be a mk1, not sure i could tell that picture at that angle apart from my mk4 golf!

>> I know they say it's an octavia

It's a Fabia. I had a Y-reg Octy, this isn't one of those. The Octavia indicator wraps round onto the wing.
 Clean your 'ing windscreen! - swiss tony
>> >> Haven't planned ahead for when i find 3... what am i going to do
>>
>> www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1373885/Motorist-drunk-drove-wheel-missing-4-miles.html
>>
>> Sorry, couldn't resist it :)
>>
Looking at the picture, it DOES appear to have a wheel fitted.... just lacking a tyre, and worn away most of the rim.
look closely, you can see the centre of the wheel still bolted to the hub!
 Clean your 'ing windscreen! - Zero
Dont ask me, I dont live in Liverpool.
If you're in a different truck every day I can see the merits of cleaning the insides. My only proper work-related crash was caused by a thick layer of someone else's tobacco grime on the windscreen coupled with dappled sunlight through trees. It was in a Maestro van though, which tells you how long ago it was.

Cleaning the 'wheel on a multi-driver van with baby wipes can indeed be rather grim, but try it on your own car after a month or so too! You'll never eat a drive-thru KFC again...
Latest Forum Posts