Motoring Discussion > All day breakfast - A14 Suffolk Miscellaneous
Thread Author: gramar Replies: 6

All day breakfast - A14 Suffolk - gramar
Does anyone reading this also travel along the Westbound A14 towards Cambridge? If so have you spotted the resident police car outside the filling station shop? I see it every working day, have done for months now and it's seen there anytime between 8am - mid afternoon. Nearly always in the same spot. Maybe its the lure of an all day breakfast at the adjacent Little Chef or perhaps it's a new police station cunningly disguised.
 All day breakfast - A14 Suffolk - Pat
There are many forecourts throughout the country who buy cheaply an old police car or have one painted up, and park them on the premises as a deterrent.
One I can think of off hand is Magor services and the car has never moved in the last 6 years!

Of course it may just be Donut time for Plod:)

Pat
This one is genuine. I know becuase I 've seen a police officer with it on more than one occasion. Perhaps I should submit a FOI request to Suffolk Constabulary?
Perhaps it would be better to accept that they need a lunch break and a toilet just the same as us mere mortals?

Pat
 All day breakfast - A14 Suffolk - -
Noticed semi permanent panda cars parked at other main road filling stations too, A14 Rothwell?, i did wonder if it's a higher profile version of the cardboard cut out policeman, a hired in stickered up normal car.

Drive off's must be an increasing problem, seen it a couple of times, it's really quite surprising to witness when someone leaps in and zooms off like The Sweeney.

Police officers always used to get looked after at roadside filling stations, motorway services etc (free rail travel probably ending though), if i owned one i'd encourage them to call in for coffee and doughnuts etc.
All three garages on the A14 at Rothwell were some of my regular overnight stopping places in the lorry and the staff always encouraged us as it discouraged unwanted overnight visitors.
Has the added advantage of being 'allowed' inside at 2.30am for the loo and a coffee too!

Pat
Drive offs is the only reason I can think for plod to be there. I see it daily and have done for best part of a year.
Latest Forum Posts