Motoring Discussion > Chevrolet Lacetti - Parking charge notice Legal Questions
Thread Author: Stevek100 Replies: 8

Chevrolet Lacetti - Parking charge notice - Stevek100
Recently my Daughter received a "bill" for £492 for parking at a local retail park last October but whilst they have her name and address the car mentioned is unknown to us.
She has now been sent another "letter" advising the cost is now £522 and it worries her. They now say the debt rises by £3 per day.
My view is to tell the company to go and get stuffed but I know some of you have views about not contacting them at all.

Any advice is appreciated and thanks in anticipation.

Dont mind posting a copy to show you all if you can suggest where.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 4 May 11 at 00:51
 Chevrolet Lacetti - Parking charge notice - Perky Penguin
If it is a PARKING charge notice the matter has been discussed at length here, as you know. Just ignore it, it is of dubious legality and unenforceable.
 Chevrolet Lacetti - Parking charge notice - Zero
Tell them to get stuffed in a discrete way. Ignore them.
 Chevrolet Lacetti - Parking charge notice - Iffy
The general view is not to contact the company at all because if you do, they will take it as a 'bite' and hassle you all the more.

I have successfully ignored two of these notices.

Hundreds of threads on this topic on moneysavingexpert.com.

They all tell a similar tale:

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=163

Chevrolet Lacetti - Parking charge notice - Bromptonaut
Was the car hired or loaned? Might be a good idea to get to bottom of how it's linked to you While this can be ignored the official parking tickets and NIPS from spped cameras are more hassle to fend off.
 Chevrolet Lacetti - Parking charge notice - Perky Penguin
It needs watching but if the car isn't registered to OP or his daughter how has a charge notice relating to a car they have never heard of arrived at their address, or is it late and I am missing something?
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Wed 13 Apr 11 at 21:45
 Chevrolet Lacetti - Parking charge notice - Alastairw
Could the reg no be similar to a vehicle that is known to the OP perhaps?
 Chevrolet Lacetti - Parking charge notice - Ted

Like Iffers, I'm a serial ignorer.
They can't apply a penalty in a civil action.
Telling them to get stuffed sounds an admirable suggestion.......by EMail, of course...never write.
Nip it in the bud by suggesting they contact the person who parked the car.......they can't progress it any further as they don't have that information. Don't worry about it, acove all !
The car share club I work for gets these all the time...They are all ignored now !

Ted
 Chevrolet Lacetti - Parking charge notice - Stevek100

The reg number is totally unknown to us and not similar in any way to our cars. The only "link" is the parking place is in the same town where we live.

I will advise her to ignore it and certainly not to contact the company at all.

What is strange is the notice also has a boxed comment which says if the sum above is greater than £150 then only £150 needs to be paid.

I will post a copy for you to see just for reference but thanks again-always good advice here.
Latest Forum Posts