Motoring Discussion > Budget insurance. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 2

Budget insurance. - Ted

I have insurance with one car with Budget. I must have paid by credit card on-line.
Recently I've noticed a payment of £4 being applied to that card every month. There is a phone number by the payment but it is never answered. The payment is to Budget (Avon )

I googled it and got this....

whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08448540748

Lots of not very complimentary comment in that forum

A nice little earner ? I have never asked for injury insurance and I'll be phoning Budget on Monday about this scam.
If I don't get this cancelled and a refund, I'll be writing to Tony Hetherington at Mail on Sunday financial to see if he has any advice.

Blatent unauthorised nicking of my dosh ! IMO

Anyone else with them ?

Ted
 Budget insurance. - RattleandSmoke
I think I have the same thing, is it a scam or does it actually provide extra cover like they claim? In my case they said it would pay out in the event of lost wages due to a car accident etc.
 Budget insurance. - Alastairw
I think I bought my insurance via Budget, tho' the actual policy is with Hastings. Anyway, when I was signing up for it I had to cancel various add ons before getting down to the quoted premium ie: legal cover - already got from RAC; breakdown - already in RAC; injury cover - already worth more as a corpse, frankly.

Is it possible that Ted missed one of the cancellation boxes when clicking through, as it were.
Latest Forum Posts