Motoring Discussion > More New Snake OIL! Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Perky Penguin Replies: 9

More New Snake OIL! - Perky Penguin
I have just got a cataloge called The Verdict, a bit like the earlier Innovations one. Featured prominently is an oil additive called Motorup Xtreme at £39.95 for 8 fld oz. Their blurb claims that it is used by Rolls Royce which doesn't seem very likely under any circumstances

www.motorup.com/main2.html

Here is a link to an independent review saying that that major effects of it are minimal

www.importtuner.com/reviews/impp_0809_xtreme_plus_synthetic_engine_treatment/index.html

So, the usual expensive overy hyped rubbish

More New Snake OIL! - sherlock47
Are you sure that Rolls are not using it?

tinyurl.com/3vmf9nb

:)

ps your review link does not display in FF4 ?
Very droll pmh! What is FF4? The link works for me when clicked on here and in my original post. I found it by googling for "MotorUp Xtreme + review" and it was about the 3rd entry down, ISTR
 More New Snake OIL! - Stuartli
>>ps your review link does not display in FF4 ? >>

Works fine in Firefox4 for me.

Try updating Flash Player:

filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

Uninstall any earlier versions first:

majorgeeks.com/Adobe_Flash_Player_Uninstaller_d6551.html
Last edited by: Stuartli on Sun 17 Apr 11 at 00:03
 More New Snake OIL! - corax
Can't imagine Rolls Royce would use something called Motorup Xtreme. They don't do extreme. They do posh. It would have to be called Lady Penelope Elixir or something..

:)
 More New Snake OIL! - scousehonda
I assume that FF4 is Firefox4 which I am using now and on which the link works perfectly. Incidentally, I'd be very surprised if Rolls Royce would even contemplate using this type of additive.
 More New Snake OIL! - sherlock47
I assume that FF4 is Firefox4 - correct!

The link will only display a solid grey page for me - altho the link works fine in Chrome. The underlying html source code is there, so I do not know why it does not display.
Being an idle and mischief making Penguin I have e mailed the link to RR Tecnical to see what they think of the claim they are using it.
 More New Snake OIL! - -
>> Being an idle and mischief making Penguin

Excellent PP, i do love someone who gets the big wooden spoon out and uses it well..;)
 More New Snake OIL! - Bellboy
love the independant link....
Latest Forum Posts