Motoring Discussion > Political badinage
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 6

Political badinage - Armel Coussine
A thread about the M6 toll road has disappeared without warning. Zero had just teased Pat by calling her a bit of a communist and I was about to spring to her defence giving my opinion that she is salt-of-the-earth Old Labour and not even a fellow-traveller.

The other day a post of mine in another thread also disappeared without warning despite the decorous asterisks it contained.

Here is another piece of political badinage: these unexplained disappearances have a sinister side, reminiscent of Latin American and other fascising politics where human beings can disappear in the same way, sometimes in large numbers. Not nearly as bad of course, but it's a slippery slope.

Heh heh. No offence chaps....
>> A thread about the M6 toll road has disappeared

Er, no it hasn't. It's in the thread called how language has changed.

I bow my head and wait for the inevitable shower of ageist and personal badinage. Or perhaps being British people will politely pretend not to have noticed.
 Political badinage - Zero

>> I bow my head and wait for the inevitable shower of ageist and personal badinage.
>> Or perhaps being British people will politely pretend not to have noticed.

No chance you stupid old fool.
(Smiles weakly. Dark stain appears near crotch of beige trousers and spreads slowly. Shuffles feet).
 Political badinage - smokie
Unless the reasons would be obvious, I would usually leave a comment or contact the poster if a post was edited/remove - and I think the rest do the same.

I did lop a post the other day without comment as it strayed a little over a well known boundary, but the (regular) poster would have realised it did when he was posting.
 Political badinage - Runfer D'Hills
Rest easy AC. My wife called a plumber in today to "fix" the washing machine. It wasn't broken but the other plumber who was upstairs fixing a genuine fault with the shower had turned the water off...So, the washing machine temporarily wouldn't fill would it?

Sheesh !

:-(
>> I did lop a post the other day without comment as it strayed a little over a well known boundary, but the (regular) poster would have realised it did when he was posting.

He did, sort of, but hoped for the best. He couldn't help feeling that some well-known boundaries could do with a little nudge from time to time. After all it was an amusing story up to a point and most of us are grown-up.

But no offence smokie, at all.

You can squeeeeeze my lemon
Till the juice run down my laig... (Robert Johnson)

Heh heh...
Latest Forum Posts