Motoring Discussion > New Car with 7 Year Service Plan Thrown in Free Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Skoda Replies: 6

New Car with 7 Year Service Plan Thrown in Free - Skoda
Kia? Vauxhall? Ford ruffling feathers? Nope, Ferrari!

www.ferrari.com/English/GT_Sport%20Cars/GT/Pages/110427_GT_Ferrari_Genuine_Maintenance_Programme.aspx

No word on 7 year guarantee yet though. I wonder what made them think about doing this? Supercars aren't normally associated with generously cheap offers. Is a servicing plan really much of an incentive to buy a fezza over a lambo?

Why cut off your right arm like this? Supercar servicing is very lucrative business.
 New Car with 7 Year Service Plan Thrown in Free - Stuartli
I'll let you know more about the offer when I've chosen which model I'm having.....
 New Car with 7 Year Service Plan Thrown in Free - rtj70
Will the first service be an oil and filter change only type service? :-)

I'm sure they will make the money up on the items that needs replacing during a service that isn't included like brakes, tyres, etc.
 New Car with 7 Year Service Plan Thrown in Free - L'escargot
It says it's free, but I would imagine it's factored into the cost of the car.

Anyway, with inflation and low interest rates it may actually be cheaper for the buyer to pay for servicing in this way.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Wed 27 Apr 11 at 18:28
 New Car with 7 Year Service Plan Thrown in Free - DP
I remember a school chum's well-heeled father paying £2600 for a cambelt service on his Ferrari 328 about 20 years ago!
It was at something daft like 16,000 miles as well.
He used to budget £3k a year upkeep on a car that was effectively a toy, coming out on sunny weekends only. Beautiful car, but a serious financial burden.
 New Car with 7 Year Service Plan Thrown in Free - rtj70
On some old Ferrari's the engine had to come out for a lot of routine maintenance though. Probably the cam belt change too and hence the price.
 New Car with 7 Year Service Plan Thrown in Free - DP
Yes, it was an engine out job. And ridiculously short intervals.

It was an absolutely gorgeous thing. Red with cream leather, and even on tickover it sounded gorgeous. I remember being over there once as his dad was off out in it. He was warming it up on the drive and we were allowed to sit in it and have a good look over it. Then as his dad pulled out, purely for our benefit of course, he gave it the full beans up the road. I've been addicted to that Ferrari V8 howl ever since. It's unique and makes the hairs stand up on my neck. :-)
Latest Forum Posts