Motoring Discussion > Further to my "What next?" thread.... Buying / Selling
Thread Author: FocalPoint Replies: 10

Further to my "What next?" thread.... - FocalPoint
You lovely people with all your thought-provoking comments certainly got me thinking.

I am thinking of booking a test drive of a

Ford Focus 2.0 Ghia 5dr 2005 (55 plate), 33,000 miles - £6495.

It ticks some of my boxes, it would seem. I don't like the shape, but can live with it.

(Length: 4.342 m - might just get it in the garage.)

Any comments about reliability, drivability, economy? (Is the 2 litre too thirsty, I'm wondering, and might I be better off with the 1.6?)
 Further to my "What next?" thread.... - rtj70
I'd also try the Mazda3. But I don't like the Focus. Sorry.
 Further to my "What next?" thread.... - Zero
Makes it the Mk2 Focus? Horrid.
 Further to my "What next?" thread.... - FocalPoint
Are rtj and Z talking about the appearance only, or is it something else? (E.g. reliability, drivability, economy.)
Last edited by: ChrisPeugeot on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 23:41
 Further to my "What next?" thread.... - Zero
>> Are rtj and Z talking about the appearance only, or is it something else? (E.g.
>> reliability, drivability, economy.)

If we are talking Mk2, its ugly, quite noisy, horrid pattery type hard ride, and I dont think it handles as well as a Mk1. I had one for 6 weeks after I wrecked the Laguna, was glad to get shot.
 Further to my "What next?" thread.... - Avant
It depends what you want to use it for, Chris: the 2.0 will be better for getting up to speed on motorways, but the 1.6 will be just as nippy in town.

Assuming this is a petrol, there shouldn't be any obvious reliability problems.

If a Swift is too small, the Focus or an old-shape Civic look like the best bets for you.
 Further to my "What next?" thread.... - Iffy
If you like something that handles beautifully, you'll like the Focus.

The steering is so precise and direct it makes the other hatches feel like they have a wheel loose.

It's a mistake to think handling is only important at speed, a Focus tracks so well around a roundabout, or even turning into a parking space.

If you still couldn't care less about handling, then watch out for the ride, which can be firm.

Further to my "What next?" thread.... - Bellboy
seing as a 1600 foci is band g
and the 2.0 litre is band h
road taxing
iwould go for the 2.0 litre
much nicer engine more power than you need,super smooth and i wonder at the end of the day whether its not just as economical
ive never seen a garage change a 2.0 litre lump over either but seen a few 1600 ones needed doing
oh and look in autotrader 6.5 g sounds waiy a a too much,is it for sale on the mall with a sheet of paper in the window?
'sale due to impending marriage'
 Further to my "What next?" thread.... - -
It's slightly older i believe but seeing as L'escargot's 58k (from memory) Focus 2 litre has been looked after proper from new and from his figures seems good on fuel, could you both do each other a favour by doing a deal when L'es gets his new one?

I'd be pestering him via the mods if i wanted a Focus.
 Further to my "What next?" thread.... - corax
>> I'd be pestering him via the mods if i wanted a Focus.

Yeah, but the seats have got trails of slime on 'em.

:)
 Further to my "What next?" thread.... - Avant
But it goes awfully well on Shell.
Latest Forum Posts