Motoring Discussion > Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend Car Deals
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 28

Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - Mapmaker

Only £500 for an Aston Martin Vantage for a weekend.

www.groupon.co.uk/deals/london/fusion-of-london/411848?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_45_0_0_0&utm_source=Deal_general_newsletter&utm_medium=All_Cities&utm_content=Initial_Version&utm_campaign=Varies

Does it seem cheap? A Zafira from Europcar at Victoria station will cost you half that.
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - mikeyb
......and it would have ore seats, and use less fuel :-)
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - -
It appears to be a bargain at first glance, the normal weekend hire rate at the company's website for the Aston Martin is £1445 or thereabouts, plus £2.50 a mile over 300.

I imagine the weekends available will be winter time or would you be on a cancellation list, should this cheap deals site go bust between now and hire date i wonder what happen.

Not too cheap but i'd need to know a lot more about this before i signed up.
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - nyx2k
im going to look into it in more detail later so i can get a weekend later in the yr for my fathers birthday in december.
i can get a weekend later in the yr for my fathers birthday in december.
>>

Top man.
its a toss up between a private plate for the mx5 we got hime for christmas or the aston. will spk to my brother and see what he thinks is best
>>the mx5 we got hime for christmas or the aston.

If you feel the need to adopt an ageing extra Dad, i'd like to recommend...me..:-)
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - MD
Stuff the plastic plate........ya only live once!! Astons.........away!!!!!
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - mikeyb
I've used groupon a few times and not had any problems
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - RattleandSmoke
I am not into flash cars, I hate Ferraris and the like I think they are pointless crap.

However for some reason I do love Aston Martins and if I win the lottery I would buy one. I think what I love about them is providing you can afford the fuel and servicing they can be used as a daily car. They also look quite subtle.

My problem with hiring a great car like this for the weekend is the experience would be too short.
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - 832ark
>I am not into flash cars, I hate Ferraris and the like I think they are pointless crap.

That doesn't surprise me seeing as you appear to be terrified of travelling at anything faster than 28mph
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - DP
>> I am not into flash cars, I hate Ferraris and the like I think they
>> are pointless crap.

Pointless, possibly. Crap, no way. And surely their pointlessness, along with their sheer theatrics is what makes them wonderful. How dull the world would be if everything on the road was an appliance that simply ticked the purpose boxes for which it was bought.
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - Alastairw
Groupon are a respectable company. However...

The company that you are buying the voucher for (be that car hire, beauty treatment or even accountancy) will be supplying their service at a massive, almost certainly loss leading discount. Don't go expecting the last word in customer service.
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - RattleandSmoke
There have been complaints that some of the companies providing the service have failed to deliver because the response was far higher than expected.
>> There have been complaints that some of the companies providing the service have failed to
>> deliver because the response was far higher than expected.
>>

In which case you get a refund. Groupon will apparently refund unused vouchers after they have expired (according to their Ts & Cs)- and indeed some suppliers will continue to honour them.
i spoke to them directly and told them i wanted it for a weekend in 1st week december and they said i could have it from friday night to monday morning for £400 as its very quiet in the winter, they also said if it was snowing they would give me an alternative weekend.

they seemed fine on the phone but did say they sold a lot more days than they thought they would but wouldnt say if some people wouldnt get the car and maybe a refund.
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - Meldrew
What struck me as an inconvenience was having to collect and return at Enfield but the price was keen!
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - tesh1e
Hi guys. Wonering if you can help me. A friend of mine has bought a later identical Groupon voucher (for a rental with this company) but is now pulling her hair out about it. She is concerned that the company may not be legitimate as she can not find anyone online who has commented ont their experience and their web presence is patchy at best. Can anyone please share their experiences if they did buy, if only to put my friend out of her misery and worry? Any problems with getting the car/getting deposit back etc.? Thanks ever so much in advance!
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - rtj70
The weekend hire rate is probably fair but does it include insurance? And how much security deposit do you need to leave? Probably a few thousand minimum.

A local van hire type business used to have a few prestige cars including a Ferrari to hire. When I was hiring a van someone was asking about a Range Rover and were being told they had to take out their own insurance. I then asked about the Ferrari.... again it was your own insurance (how do you take out a short term policy like that) and a deposit. I think it was £5k but it was probably/possibly a lot more.

So always read and check the small print.

And that Ferrari I refer to... had been hired out about 4 times since it was purchased. This was 2009. Probably sold at a loss by now.
The deposit is 2k (shes due to get married at the end of the year so really can't afford to lose out on such huge amounts of money), her main concern is the fact that there doesnt seem to be much about the company available online so hoping someone can share some insight? Think she bought the day rental which was the same price as in the link provided above.
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - Bill Payer
>> Any problems with
>> getting the car/getting deposit back etc.? Thanks ever so much in advance!
>>
The contract is with Groupon isn't it, so should be OK? Hopefully she also paid by credit card as extra back-up.
Deposit is only due when you're getting the car. They will pre-charge the £2000 to a credit card (might need two presented). When you return it undamaged they cancel the £2000 charge.

I have had to present two credit cards to hire a normal card. So assume you might need two valid cards for this too.

I would imagine the group on deals are about because they cannot rent these cars out easily at the moment.
>> The contract is with Groupon isn't it, so should be OK? Hopefully she also paid by credit card as extra back-up.

Voucher to hire the car is via Groupon. Deposit will be paid to the hire company via credit card. That has nothing to do with Groupon.
Thanks for your advice guys but credit card isn't a problem, only concern is a lack of info on the company from a customer point of view. Hopefully someone who has used this company will spot this thread and respond.
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - legacylad
Much as I love Astons, that's the price of a weeks ski holiday for me (in low season) so I'll just have to give it a miss.
And I doubt they would deliver & collect from the upper Ribble valley.
I wonder whether insurance4carhire would cover the excess?
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - Meldrew
I have just used them to buy CDW XS for a week in a Golf on the continent and ISTR seeing no High value hire cars and/or exotics, Good value for middle of the road stuff @ £4.25 a day as opposed to the hire company's rates!
>> I wonder whether insurance4carhire would cover the excess?

No idea - but to hire these super cars you usually have to leave a big deposit - the excess.
 Bargain Vantage rental for the weekend - CGNorwich
from insurace4carhire website

"Doesn’t cover high performance, prestige or exotic vehicles, commercial vehicles, camper vans, mobile homes, vans or vehicles with more than 9 seats"
Latest Forum Posts