Motoring Discussion > Mitsubishi L200 Triton - 2WD/4WD Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Skip Replies: 3

Mitsubishi L200 Triton - 2WD/4WD - Skip
I look after a small fleet of vehicles at work and we have just bought a new Mitsubushi L200 to replace a Land Rover Discovery which was starting to spend more time in the dealers being repaired than it was earning a living !
Should this L200 be run in 4WD periodically, i seem to remember reading somewhere that a selectable 4WD should be, but there doesn't appear to be in the handbook about it ?
 Mitsubishi L200 Triton - 2WD/4WD - Dave
Depending on model, some can be run in 4wd all the time as they have a centre diff. The others don't so can only use 4wd on slippery surfaces.

Don't think it makes any difference if they are run in 4wd periodically or not.
 Mitsubishi L200 Triton - 2WD/4WD - Slidingpillar
Sometimes if not used, the selector mechanism can stick. Advice for a Frontera was use it a bit in 4wd once a month to prevent this.
 Mitsubishi L200 Triton - 2WD/4WD - Lygonos
If it is similar to the Shogun it'll have 4 settings:

2H - RWD high range

4H - 4WD high range without diff lock so ok on tarmac

4Hc - same but diff lock so only for loose surfaces

4Lc - as above but low range gears for hauling through mud

Don't use locked diffs on tarmac as you'll wind up the transmission and not be able to steer so well.

I tend to pop it into 4H when it rains or the road is otherwise greasy - if the road is bad enough trying to pull out quickly in RWD might unstick the rears, set off the traction control, and cause you to bog down. If I'm pootling it stays in 2H.

No harm using every so often, a bit like AC I guess.
Latest Forum Posts