Motoring Discussion > Towing mirrors Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Telb Replies: 3

Towing mirrors - Telb
When we changed the car last November I invested in a new pair of towing mirrors. I finally opted for "Suck it and see" mirrors which fix to the mirror glass by suction pad - with a safety cord around the casing.

I must say the first half a dozen short trips have been very impressive. As they're fixed to the glass, you can adjust them with the normal mirror adjuster. Despite my initial scepticism they seem to hold on well - although a forthcoming 4 week tour round France will put that to the test.

Has anyone else tried these mirrors and if so is my optimism well founded, or should I carry a back-up pair of normal extension mirrors in case?

The only drawback I've found so far is putting "suck it and see" into a search engine gives some very un-motoring-like results!!
 Towing mirrors - Iffy
Don't see the need for a back-up.

You've done a reasonable amount of testing, and the safety cord should do its job.

As they seem to be neat pieces of kit, your biggest risk is probably theft.

Towing mirrors - Ted

I just don't trust suckers...my windscreen videocam has a very strong sucker and managed to still fall off.

I invested in a new tow mirroe earlier in the year....it has screw clamps that attach it to the top edge of the mirror casing. It worked very well and also has a lanyard in case it's knocked off by a vehicle or tree.

I think you'll be ok, having some sec urity against loss.

Ted
 Towing mirrors - Mike Hannon
W C Fields was right when he said 'never give a sucker an even break'. ;-)
Latest Forum Posts