Motoring Discussion > Citroen C3 Picasso - what is "anti-pollution faulty" Miscellaneous
Thread Author: nyx2k Replies: 13

Citroen C3 Picasso - what is "anti-pollution faulty" - nyx2k
first time in 20yrs that last night a new car had a fault.

i was in cruise control at 70mph when engine died and anti pollution faulty came up on the screen and an orange gearbox symbol came up aswell.

i tried to restart several times and it would hiccup and die. on final attempt it started and carried on at 70mph on cruise for another 2hours and was fine.

before i call the dealer as i need the car until monday and cant take it in what was the problem or is it usual french electronics
, the handbook doesnt say anything about this fault
 Citroen C3 Picasso - what is "anti-pollution faulty" - -
Is it Diesel with a FAP (DPF), if so has your recent running been likely to clog the thing up.

SWM's C2 brought a light of some sort up a few months ago, not sure what it said now, a blast for half an hour at high revs in 4th saw that out.

DPF's seem to need over 2k revs for a decent time, say half an hour at least, to keep things clear.

Course it might be nowt to do with this at all, still under war and tea isn't it.
still under warranty but i cant do without it till tuesday as i need to move move boat and caravan about and its the only car i have with a towbar. need to do 300 miles on snday so hoping it will be fine.
this model doesnt have the dpf just the 110 hp version i believe. have done 100 miles today and no problem so may just leave it till tuesday
 Citroen C3 Picasso - what is "anti-pollution faulty" - mikeyb
According to Citroen both diesels 90 + 110 have DPF's.

From what you describe sounds like a dpf type warning
 Citroen C3 Picasso - what is "anti-pollution faulty" - Skip
Fill the tank with Shell V Power and give it an Italian tune up !
 Citroen C3 Picasso - what is "anti-pollution faulty" - Mike Hannon
I'll second that...
 Citroen C3 Picasso - what is "anti-pollution faulty" - Bromptonaut
Even if the lights have gone out there should still be a fault code recorded by the ECU.
i always thought there was no dpf but im prob wrong as usualy am.
strange thing one should mention italian tune up but over the last few weeks ive changed my driving syle to win a bet with a friend that i cant average at least 55mpg overall for the month and can say that i havent been going over 2000rpm for a few weeks but my mpg has improved by 15percent through the experiment overall
" i havent been going over 2000rpm for a few weeks"

I think that you may just have found the answer to your problem !
got to fill up but dont want to lose the bet so will hope all stays well till tomorrow when he comes and checks the mileage and i get £100 as i win the bet at 58.9 mpg
 Citroen C3 Picasso - what is "anti-pollution faulty" - Old Navy
Agreed. That is most likely the problem.

No DPF on my car but I run it up to the red line a couple of times a week when it is being used as a local runabout. Surprising how much soot it shifts.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 30 Jun 11 at 20:51
There is not much point in trying to save a few quid on diesel if you end up paying Citroen to carry out a fault diagnosis & a forced re generation of the DPF etc !
Last edited by: Skip on Thu 30 Jun 11 at 20:58
i dont normally care how much fuel i use but i had to win the bet. normally get 500 mles per tank and this month it's nearly 600 miles
 Citroen C3 Picasso - what is "anti-pollution faulty" - Dave_
My 53 plate 406 2.0HDi 90bhp used to come up with "antipollution fault" occasionally. No idea why, and it went away of its own accord after a few days usually.

AFAIK only the 2.2HDi's of that vintage had a DPF and Eolys tank.

This 2.0 was pants though, gutless and thirsty (40mpg on a good day!). Glad it caught fire.
Latest Forum Posts