Motoring Discussion > Unusually insurance condition? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 5

Unusually insurance condition? - Rudedog
I was clearing out some paper work today, and found my latest car insurance policy info and quickly looked through the summary and noticed a condition under the section titled 'Taking care of your car'. It states that I will, 'allow us (the insurance company) to examine your car at any reasonable time if we ask you'. Is this normal, has it happened to anyone yet? and what would they be looking for?
 Unusually insurance condition? - Old Navy
Any undeclared modifications, performance chips, remaps, below spec tyres, etc. after an accident, to use as a getout from a claim.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 3 Jul 11 at 20:03
Edit,

When Mrs ON (honestly) dinged the rear bumper on an AUDI A3 the insurance companies inspection sheet filled in by the repairer was very thorough, even down to all tread depths.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 3 Jul 11 at 20:13
 Unusually insurance condition? - spamcan61
I've never seen such an at any time clause, of course they'll have a poke about after an accident, but this is different.
 Unusually insurance condition? - Rudedog
Just to be clear, this wasn't in reference to anything after an accident, it was about the general condition of your car i.e. that you're keeping it looked after, clean not with any bits falling off it. It was in the same section as telling you that you need to keep your car serviced and not generally neglect it.

The 'any time' clause is what drew my eye to it as I've never noticed it before and thought it rather strange.
"Any time" covers all options for them.
Latest Forum Posts