Motoring Discussion > No road tax Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Videodoctor Replies: 6

No road tax - Videodoctor
There is a Citroen van parked outside my next door neighbors house which hasn't moved for about 5 days.As i was walking past it i noticed the tax disc said 31st March 2011.So obviously out of date.
I rang up the local police to report it and hopefully get it towed away but they said they weren't interested and that i should report it to DVLA.
I've watched enough Road Wars to know that the Police will do you for no insurance and no road tax,so why isn't my force popping on down to clamp it and put stickers on it warning people of not taxing your vehicle?.(Nice little earner for the police!)
I thought there was an advertising campaign a while ago from the dvla stating that if you didn't tax your car then they would know and you would face stiff penalties?.
The reason this gets my goat is that i have just received my reminder for my car and they have put it up another £10 since the budget.I don't see why i have to pay and others get away with it.What do you guys think?
 No road tax - Zero

>> (Nice little earner for the police!)

The police don't get the money.

>> What do you guys think?

YOu dont know its not insured, you dont know its not got tax (he may have forgotten to change the disk)

I think I would leave the police to get on with more important stuff.
 No road tax - rtj70
If you feel strongly then phone the DVLA or local council. I think the police are too busy to deal with this sort of thing. I suppose if it wasn't insured and was being driven they may be more interested. Is it insured?
 No road tax - Auristocrat
You can report an untaxed car - anonymously if preferred - to DVLA via 'direct.gov.uk' and searching the site for reporting an untaxed vehicle.
 No road tax - Dave_
www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/UntaxedVehicle/DG_4022073
 No road tax - bathtub tom
You can easily check if it's taxed and insured:

tinyurl.com/a9n9jm

www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx
 No road tax - Notdoctorchris
Parked in various locations around Sunderland, there are rotting wrecks of vans that are being used as advertising for scrapyards (oh, sorry, vehicle recyclers).
I have noticed that, on at least one of these unsightly and unwanted vehicles, the tax disc expired at the end of June. I had wondered how to get the authorities to rid the city of these eyesores and am grateful for the link to the DVLA given in this thread.
Latest Forum Posts