Motoring Discussion > New Fiat Panda? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 13

New Fiat Panda? - Ambo
I have heard rumours that a new Panda will appear later this year. Does anyone have any details please?
 New Fiat Panda? - Dutchie
www.autoblog.nl/archive/2011/06/24/fiat-panda-uitgelekt-dit-wordt-de-nieuwe

A dutch website picture of the New Panda.The new car is going to be a bit taller and a couple of inches longer.
 New Fiat Panda? - sherlock47
The new car is going to be a bit taller and a couple of inches longer.

and presumably cost a lot more?
No mention about cost we have to wait and see.
 New Fiat Panda? - Boxsterboy
Those spy shot drawings make it look just like a C3 Picasso
 New Fiat Panda? - RattleandSmoke
It is expected to be in the UK in early 2012 but it is made in Italy. So FIAT will loose a lot of customers in an instant, because there are people who would never buy a FIAT built in an Italian factory.

The dash is straight out of the 500, but I suspect the production one will look a bit different.

The 1.28v FIRE (Euro 5) engine will still be produced for the entry level spec Panda, but the rest will use the Multi Air and diesel engines.

I suspect lists prices will be similar, but you can get discounts of over £1600 on the entry Active, I don't think such discounts will exist for the new model.
I am sure the Italians will build the Panda up to scratch the car will sell ok providing the price is right.

They are building a Twinair two cylinder with or without turbo for the Panda.The old 4 cylinder petrol engine and a diesel are still there.

The Fiat 500 will be build in Polen.
 New Fiat Panda? - rtj70
Both the FIAT 500 and Panda are built in Poland now. And the Ford Ka.

The FIAT 500 is popular so they are probably moving the Panda. It's a simpler car so better to built the cheaper car in Italy and maintain the big margins on the 500.
 New Fiat Panda? - RattleandSmoke
I think it is more political,, in Europe the Panda is the a better sale and until very recently was always in the top ten sellers list. The Italian government were threatening to make things hard for FIAT unless they started to produce more cars in Italy.

However I believe there has been many changes and FIAT have warned they won't put up with the usual union interference and strikes. From what I have read if FIAT had their way they would close all the Italian factories down.

New Fiat Panda? - Stuartli
>>The FIAT 500 is popular..>>

You can say that again..:-) There are dozens of them in my area - a car that certainly hit the jackpot, especially as far as the fairer sex are concerned.

In fact I see plenty of Stilos, Pandas etc and many are six to eight years old. All are clean and tidy vehicles, although I reckon that Fiat based the Stilo's front end on the Passat. Its similarity is striking on some versions.
 New Fiat Panda? - Zero
The top selling Fiat car in Europe for the last 5 years has been the Punto.
 New Fiat Panda? - Alanovich
I wonder if that's what I saw being tested in Spain last week. I was staying near a seaside town called Carboneras, which has a huge cement factory on the outskirts. On the drive past the faactory on several days, I saw a few small cars covered in black rubber masking to disguise their shape, with unrecognisable number plates, parked up at the roadside or being driven up and dowm the strip. Looked about Panda sized and was a 5-door hatch.

My inital thought was, as I was in Spain, perhaps this was a new small SEAT, but the glimpses I got of the interior did not suggest a VAG product. Thinking about it, the headrests were reminiscent of current FIAT ones.

Wish I'd taken a few snaps, but I didn't have the "c******" I suppose. Also, it was hellishly hot and didn't feel like getting out of the airconned hire car interior more than strictly necessary!
 New Fiat Panda? - Alanovich
Crumbs, the Spanish for male reproductive organs is in the swear filter!
 New Fiat Panda? - R.P.
E-mail me the word and I'll delete the word from the database.
Latest Forum Posts