Motoring Discussion > Insurance for older drivers Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 6

Insurance for older drivers - Ambo
Who are the recommended insurers for older drivers please?
 Insurance for older drivers - CGNorwich
Well Saga is the traditional one but best just to put your details in one of the comparison sites and see what comes up.
 Insurance for older drivers - -
Don't forget to ring NFU and Coop, i'm quite sure neither of these will appear on comparison sites.
I will recommend NFU unreservedly, local offices usually staffed by competent local people.
 Insurance for older drivers - CGNorwich
Co-Op are actually on both Go Compare and Confused sites
 Insurance for older drivers - Dutchie
The Coop has also a excellent building and context insurance we have them both.
 Insurance for older drivers - Clk Sec
>>Don't forget to ring NFU and Coop,

NFU was a non starter for me. I completed their on-line contact form before two consecutive renewals, but the promised 'phone call from their local office didn't materialise on either occasion.

I have insured with the Co-op years ago, but I've dealt with far better companies since.

I can't give any guidance regarding insurance for older folk as I haven't quite reached that stage yet, although I have used Saga in the past and found them very good, if a little pricey.

Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 13:40
 Insurance for older drivers - Avant
Interesting exercise renewing insurance for my 10-year old Z3 this month.

It was with Elephant for two years, then the AA for a year up to now as they included free breakdown cover all for £329. Beware: the free breakdown cover is only for the first year, which I don't remember them telling me about last year. They quoted £442 plus £86 AA membership; when I rang them they mysteriously brought it down to £366, still exclusive of breakdown cover.

SAGA were much cheaper at £235 + £67 for breakdown cover (with National Recovery).

I'm a member of the BMW Car Club, and they were no help: completely uninterested on the phone, and just told me to look at the adverts in the club magazine. The only one there is Footman James, a broker whose best price was £569.

So I'm with SAGA (Send All Grannies Away) and let's hope I don't need their services.

The Octavia is now with Skoda Insurance who were best value this year - but again it many only be good for the first year.
Last edited by: Avant on Sun 17 Jul 11 at 14:22
Latest Forum Posts