Motoring Discussion > Insurance Renewal..... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 13

Insurance Renewal..... - R.P.
My old company quoted me an eye watering 407 quid for renewing my insurance (AXA) - I took a quote from L&V and it came down to 321 pounds, this includes modified wheels (25mm wider than the standard spec running on upgraded M-Sport alloys) and no cost use of winter tyres between November and March. Good price from a company that seems to have good feed-back.

This price includes legal cover, protected no-claims and 180 days foreign use. Cheap insurance another reason to live up north !
Last edited by: R.P. on Mon 18 Jul 11 at 10:48
 Insurance Renewal..... - Iffy
Mine's due next month, and I had the reminder email from Gocompare over the weekend.

MoreThan - who I'm with now - came up at £460.

There were a few cheaper, and esure at £375 caught my eye.

I will wait until I get the renewal offer direct from MoreThan, who claim to offer an extra 10 per cent discount to existing customers, which would bring it down to nearer £400.

The above quote is based on an honest proposal, declaring my job for business use, and my correct annual mileage of about 13,000.

I did get a quote direct from LV, which was £605.

My research shows two things, prices for similar products vary enormously, which I think we already knew.

But more interestingly, prices have not gone up - for me at least - from last year.

Nor me iffy - all postcode related insurances have come down by a little more than a smidgin. Must be perceived as a safer place. Two insurers I asked about winter tyres, interestingly described them as not being modifications which seems a sensible point of view. Interestingly Carole Nash viewed them as a common sense change in winter. I wouldn't like to be skating around on the 255mm wide tyres that currently adorn the X1.
 Insurance Renewal..... - MD
My man close to the beating heart of these matter says they're going to!!
Cold enough to freeze Humph's brass lamps off ?
 Insurance Renewal..... - Runfer D'Hills
Mock brass, if you please...
 Insurance Renewal..... - Zero
You got Bulls Eye glass in your front door Humph?
No of course not. Ornate fake frosting and fake leaded don't you know. It's classy round here like...
Quite clearly mock, mock Tudor then.
I think it's called Cheshire style. Only really works with a fake off-roader on the drive.

Edit - A4s are so yesterday you know
Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Tue 19 Jul 11 at 22:09
 Insurance Renewal..... - L'escargot
>> My old company quoted me an eye watering 407 quid for renewing my insurance (AXA)

We need more details to enable us to put it into perspective ~ vehicle group, insured value etc.
2009 X1. Goodness knows what group.
 Insurance Renewal..... - rtj70
>> 2009 X1. Goodness knows what group.

Insurance groups 22-26 for the X1 depending on engine, etc. Not too bad - the Passat I'm getting is group 25! Whereas a FIAT Panda 1.2 Active is group 4.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 19 Jul 11 at 21:50
You getting a new car Rob?
Latest Forum Posts